Hillary supporter makes up story about Sanders supporters chanting "English Only"

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by speakhandsforme, Feb 21, 2016.

1. speakhandsforme

speakhandsforme Banned Banned

This very blatant lie could have devastating effects on Sanders' campaign as the accusation is already trending on Facebook and is being reported by major outlets. This was not directly propagated or substantiated by Hillary Clinton and I'm sure her campaign had nothing to do with it.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/20/politics/dolores-huerta-english-only-sanders-organizers/index.html

Aaaaaand then proven false by Snopes, complete with video and eyewitness testimony:

http://www.snopes.com/sanders-english-only-huerta/

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Quipling likes this.
  2. jefferz

jefferz Gold Belt Platinum Member

There's dishonesty in politics? I'm shocked. Do the people know about this? Someone better alert the media.

M3t4tr0n and RyanR like this.
  3. Bukowski82

Bukowski82 Buckle up belt

I can't even...

4. spin

spin Gold Belt

I'm outraged

5. RyanR

RyanR Black Belt

Honestly who cares. Bernie's younger voters are notorious dickbags as well, and I'm pulling for the guy against Hillary.

Quipling and Misfit23 like this.
  6. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Steel Belt Banned

It doesn't surprise me one bit that after bernie beat hillary with Latinos in Nevada that the clinton campaign is worried.

3 states in, and bernie only has 1 more voting block to win over in the black community.

I have yet to hear a reason why Bernie won't be able to do this, as he has in every other demographic now.

7. ShoelessRye

ShoelessRye Gold Belt

So the Bernie supporters only obviously objected to her translating and then cheered when she was told by the organizer "English Only" as opposed to chanting "English Only" themselves? Same basic premise - they didn't want her to translate and then were happy when she was told she couldn't. Also who was the other fella in black who was on stage just before the guy with the mic said "We're only going to do this in english only"? Was he possibly a Sanders official who was objecting to the use of a translator or was spelling out the caucus rules of "english only" that Ms. Huerta would have been privy to but the mic and the camera didn't pick up?