Hillary Clinton comes out in support of natural hair

As easy as this is to poke fun at, it really is an actual issue and important topic of discourse for black women. Black women are so used to straightening their hair so as to conform to the Anglo-Saxan appearance that they end up really damaging their hair over years of chemical applications and pressing it with ultra-hot metal slabs.

Wouldn't it be kind of fucked up with we white men had to get perms all the time just to fit in and get ahead?

Yeah that would suck. I'd probably write the president of the United States of America about it.

During the Democratic town hall Tuesday night, presidential hopefuls Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders fielded questions from an audience of South Carolina voters. Some wanted to know about each candidates' view on the criminal justice system, while others wanted to know about Wall Street.

For one woman, Columbia College junior Kyla Gray, natural hair was the topic she wanted the candidates to address.

"Recently I started wearing my hair natural," the 22-year-old said, "and I've noticed a difference in the way some people address and look at me."

"First of all, thank you for being so candid and brave to stand up and say this about yourself," Clinton said. "I believe strongly that we have to deal with systemic racism and systemic racism is found in our criminal justice system, it's found in housing, in job opportunities, in education, and it's also cultural."

"You have a right to wear your hair any way you want to," Clinton continued. "That's your right. As somebody who, ya know, has had a lot of different hairstyles, I say that from some personal experience."

http://news.yahoo.com/why-woman-asked-hillary-clinton-213400993.html

I feel this racism. I cannot provide a shred of evidence but i don't think and don't believe in facts. I just feel things and you must bend reality to fit my feelings.

Here is my feelings on you Kyla,

She brought up her fucking hairstyle during a debate?? God dammit why are people so stupid....

She brought up her fucking hairstyle during a debate?? God dammit why are people so stupid....

Looks like normal hair to me. I'm still not sure what the point of that was. lol

Looks like normal hair to me. I'm still not sure what the point of that was. lol
She wanted to make the retarded point that she's treated differently if she doesn't straighten her hair. Sorry girl, but men not wanting to fuck you if you have an afro isn't racist. Either is everyone preferring white women. @M3t4tr0n shrug emoticon

She wanted to make the retarded point that she's treated differently if she doesn't straighten her hair. Sorry girl, but men not wanting to fuck you if you have an afro isn't racist. Either is everyone preferring white women. @M3t4tr0n shrug emoticon

She mentioned that people look at her and address her differently. I don't understand why because her hair looks normal to me. I mean, I could understand if she was bald, but she has a full head of hair. lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought the Dem debates had better topics and discussions than the GOP? lulz. How the fook did this question be allowed to ask. If you had one question to ask in a debate and its involving your hair I hope you are NOT voting !

I've no doubt that it's a real issue for many women. That doesn't make it a news story and, frankly, doesn't make it a substantive enough issue for a presidential candidate to comment on. Then again, our presidential elections were already becoming nonsense reality shows and now, clearly, have fully gone that route.

I agree that this in no way changes my view of Clinton, but I think it's a worthwhile cause.

What was she supposed to say? A Dem putting down a black woman for wearing her hair natural would be instant suicide.

As easy as this is to poke fun at, it really is an actual issue and important topic of discourse for black women. Black women are so used to straightening their hair so as to conform to the Anglo-Saxan appearance that they end up really damaging their hair over years of chemical applications and pressing it with ultra-hot metal slabs.

Wouldn't it be kind of fucked up with we white men had to get perms all the time just to fit in and get ahead?

Oh boo hoo. A third of men lose their fucking hair. Are these women really that self absorbed? Pam Grier sported a straight up afro in her prime and she was a sex icon by all.

Secondly, she felt people were looking at her differently? Sounds to me like she is paranoid to begin with. Who the fuck notices this kind of shit? People who have instability issues, thats who.

Last edited:
Worrying about what people think is a very immature characteristic naturally found in young people.

Get a job, raise a family, you should be so busy with life ,you won't be able to stop and think about what people think about looks

So true in theory, so hard in practice.

90de1c978e52c5b4f9ab1a9be595ffa9

She had terrible hair. Black hair is notoriously difficult to style. That doesn’t mean you should stop trying and let it run amok. Nobody will give a shit but people will find you less attractive. Same if you stop exercising or taking care of your appearance. It's dumb to think all white girls have natural amazing hair. Please, they spend hours working on that shit.

It’s annoying how much Hillary panders to blacks. She just wants their vote, that's it.

2/10, both of them. Would not Bang.

So true in theory, so hard in practice.

Idle time will drive anyone crazy...so stay busy and you will forget about what a lot of people think.
And this girl thinks her hair is getting strange looks....this girl is reaching.
Or os it something her and her culture are tough from birth... how to play the pitty card

Oh boo hoo. A third of men lose their fucking hair. Are these women really that self absorbed? Pam Grier sported a straight up afro in her prime and she was a sex icon by all.

Secondly, she felt people were looking at her differently? Sounds to me like she is paranoid to begin with. Who the fuck notices this kind of shit? People who have instability issues, thats who.

My, what a sociologically brilliant analysis.

Back