High Cholesterol and Triglycerides

farmboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just talked to my wife today and she got our test results from the life insurance company we're switching over to. I guess all of the results were good, except for the fact that my trigltcerides and cholesterol were both high.

I thought I was doing pretty good with my diet, not a lot of sweets or anything, but I do eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I've been trying to gain mass, lately, and have been eating red meat and eggs, though.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week. I haven't been to one, besides my chiropractor, since my exit exam from the army in mid-2000.

Does anyine have any suggestions to help me with this?

Less saturated fats. Cholesterol is not only determined by what you eat. You can have a genetic propensity for high cholesterol that you may seek medication for.

It's kind of scary because my dad and his dad both had diabetes, adult onset, but my dad was a fat turd that ate like crap and drank way to much. He also smoked. I make a point not to emulate him, and I thought I was doing pretty good. Oh well, I guess it's off to the doctor, finally.

Thanks for the article, Wolverine. I'm going to check it out now.

I have genetically high cholesterol, roughly 80% of your cholesterol is manufactured in your body and 20% is from diet, mainly saturated animal fats. Your Dr. will probably put you on a niacin program, unless you have really high LDL, he may prescribe one of the statin drugs. I take sustained release niacin and pantethine. The other things to do are take Omega-3's fish oil, high fiber foods, Smart balance margerine, lean meats, and ligans. Beware of all the mis-information on the Internet, there's a ton of B.S. stuff. PM me if you want some more info.

Duncon76 said:

I haven't read the book, but I'm glad to see someone is doing this. However, I have to take issue with this statement:

Uffe Ravnskov (Author) said:
...the only effective way to lower cholesterol is with drugs...
While I agree that some of the cholesterol-lowering drugs are harmful and often a waste of time, this statement simply is not true.

By the way, another good book to check out is Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill, by Udo Erasmus. Weak title, but a good book, especially for those with a bit of chemistry background.

I had the same problem, changed my diet completely, no fried or fast food

NativeBeast said:
I had the same problem, changed my diet completely, no fried or fast food

So what were your results? Were you able to lower your cholesterol. and by how much?

Wolverine
///

Back