High chances that Bader will win HW tournament

I feel Bader has a worse chin than Shael. However, he'll be the stronger and bigger man in the cage. Bad gas tank or not, if Fedor doesn't connect early, he'll be LNP'd or TKO'd late in the fight. I'm a big Fedor fan, but between Bader and Mitrione, Bader is the worse match-up for him. I'll be praying for a victory, but even if he losses, the most important thing is he defeated Mir and Sonnen. Those guys beat a lot of Pride guys like Nog, CC, Shogun, and Wandy, and talked a lot of $hit, so Fedor winning against them meant a lot more (to me) than if he were to beat Bader (even though it's for the belt).

If Bader gets him down, which he probably will, it’s no picnic there. Fedor’s sweeps and subs for the bottom are exceptional

Fedor by armbar after being battered for 2 rounds. Walks off into the sunset.

He is definitely going to be the betting favorite coming into the fight, I'm expecting -250ish

Fedors cardio doesn't look good these days, he looked like he was getting tired against Chael. He uses a lot more energy in his punches these days, he punches with a lot more torque than he use to.

I'm impressed with how Fedor has been looking lately. Still think Bader is going to destroy him though.

People are acting like Fedor was gassed out and had his hands on his knees like Kimbo or something lol. It wasn't even that bad, especially considering him and Sonnen had a very high pace fight with lots of scrambles and throws. That is very different than Bader who just controled on top but didn't really do anything for 3 rounds. Fedor almost got KO'd and had a wild fight against Maldonado and still went 3 rounds throwing bombs. His cardio is fine.

so what 95% of people predicted was going to happen before the tournament started, is going to happen.

I think Bader will ragdoll Fedor, as a Fedor fan I don't even want to watch this fight

so what 95% of people predicted was going to happen before the tournament started, is going to happen.

No, definitely not. Almost everyone on here was saying Mir was going to kill Fedor. A bunch thought Chael would beat him too. Everyone is now pretending like they knew it all along, but that certainly isn't the case.

Fedor's Judo/Sambo is a force to be reckoned with and can counter-wrestle very well. People acting like Fedor is a Russian version of Rampage.

As a 42 yr old I disagree that it’s the age.
But in Fedor’s case - I haven’t seen him with good cardio in ten years, so I agree with you. Bader is basically prime Arona, who gave Fedor fits when he was in shape.

That fight was when both were first starting out.

It’s indicative of very little.

I think Fedor will be alright on the ground. I don't see Bader subbing or G&P'ing Fedor. Biggest threat would be standing since Bader can throw some bombs, but probably won't throw them since he's going to be thinking about taking the fight to the ground.

Fedor hasn't done a arm bar submission since 2007, 11 years ago. I doubt he can pull that off now. But I'm hoping Fedor wins though by TKO/KO or decision if that's possible.

Fedor showed the blueprint of how to beat Bader.

Bader will not hump Fedor.

Chael somewhat showed a blueprint on how Bader could win. After first minutes Fedor starts to fade. He just needs to go through the storm.

Also Fedor showed that he mostly powers out of dangerious positions. That's not a good strategy if you have small gass tank.

Wrestling?

Also Fedor showed that he mostly powers out of dangerious positions.
You're just regurgitating what Chael Sonnen said in the post-fight interview.

Fedor did very good reversals on Chael but Chael will just play it off as "exploding out of positions". Things are becoming clear to me. Chael didn't throw the fight, he got outgrappled. It's like there's all this propaganda that Chael has AMAZING wrestling when in fact, it's not that good as people think it is. Chael has a WWE/WWF vibe.

Hopefully Bellator can highlight Fedor's grappling ability in their promo videos. Fedor is a different breed where he'll never brag about his skill set. While Kevin Lee on the other hand boasts that his wrestling is better than Khabib's...

Yeah I have to agree with Chael, because Fedor was exploding out of positions.

Fedor did very good reversals on Chael but Chael will just play it off as "exploding out of positions". Things are becoming clear to me. Chael didn't throw the fight, he got outgrappled. It's like there's all this propaganda that Chael has AMAZING wrestling when in fact, it's not that good as people think it is. Chael has a WWE/WWF vibe.

Hopefully Bellator can highlight Fedor's grappling ability in their promo videos. Fedor is a different breed where he'll never brag about his skill set. While Kevin Lee on the other hand boasts that his wrestling is better than Khabib's...

I have to agree with Chael on this. We saw fedor of old, but had maybe two rounds of cardio. It's hard to see how fedor outgrapped someone if he used everying to finish fight as quickly as possible.

Back