Hey UFC Grappling Historians, when was 1st use of Scorpion Lock AKA 10th P Lockdown?

DanTheWolfman.com

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Am I correct in recollecting that the first major defensive use of using Ye Old Catch Wrestling Scorpion Lock Hold on the leg was my friend Phil Baroni vs Matt Lindland 2 w/ Marc Lemon hehe Screaming HOG TIE HOG TIE over and over again? This is an actual question, I believe that was the first major use in UFC correct? If earlier, which fights?

I used to have some cool footage of it being used in a 1930's Rasslin match on my old channel but too hard to find it now.

Just adding something related to my question, here is drilling the 5 ways to defeat the Scorpion Lock aka Killing the Lockdown as it was renamed in the 10th Planet renaming vernacular. Unfortunately lost my actual instructional on it.

Nice Kosen Judo find, thank you.
I looked at some of the very old Judo vids but did not see, do not have time to go through all the old Oda footage right now, are there any vids from Judo showing it predating 1930's Rasslin?

Gene LeBell got that Judo Plus Catch..............

So was there an earlier UFC fight it was used in? For some reason I keep thinking the Daidojuku guy vs Royce possibly for a second but I do not think so.........

ODA

4D8AAB66F51089655303466799104_28e1aef5a58.0.4.7601404995018183106.mp4.jpg

Thanks! I thought I had seen it in some Oda footage.

But I know was used in the 30s in Rasslin matches

Wish I had my old Channel of late 1800s early 1900s catch stuff to see if was in any of those vids

of course that reverse lockdown/scorpion is a nice way to finish the catcher arm through guillotine, and other stuff I filmed in my 3/4 Z guard vid

I'd imagine it's been a thing since half guard has been a thing. It's a pretty natural thing to go for when you don't want the other guy to free his leg. I see white belts do it all the time without being taught.

Back