hey i need some advice

ATTfighter

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ok im a green belt and im pretty good for my belt level i can submit blue belts and an a ocasional purple belt, but i have a problem with this one white belt in the class.. he has no technique but he is real strong and when he tries to do a submission he does it like his life depends on him breaking your neck or arm or whatever and he alwasy seems to catch me just because he just explodes and jumps around like hes having a seizure, he usually gets me in some kind of neck crank when hes not even in a position or some kind of footlock he only uses his strength to submit me tho no technique, so im asking how can i submit this guy who jumos around like a fish out of water our rounds are only 5 minutes so its not enough time for me to wait for him to get gassed

Chokes are the way to get big guys who are too strong for you get anything else on.
You're a green belt in what by the the way?

jiu jitsu
american top teams belts go
white green blue purple brown black

And do you pay for belt testing?

try and hold him down well.. if he's really explosive then it sounds like he can power into another position or submission.

if you wind up in your guard, try and hold him well by keeping it closed and working your legs higher, get a good hold of his neck and an underhook. from there you might be able to sink a kimura, or if he's new enough a guillotine. as he's inexperienced he may also try and open your guard in a way that will leave him open to a triangle. work on getting to his back from the bottom, and if he stands try to roll for a kneebar.

if you're on top then keep a good base, try to pass his guard and get a solid side control, scarf hold, or mount and try to hold him well. take any submissions he gives you.

ATTfighter said:
ok im a green belt and im pretty good for my belt level i can submit blue belts and an a ocasional purple belt, but i have a problem with this one white belt in the class.. he has no technique but he is real strong and when he tries to do a submission he does it like his life depends on him breaking your neck or arm or whatever and he alwasy seems to catch me just because he just explodes and jumps around like hes having a seizure, he usually gets me in some kind of neck crank when hes not even in a position or some kind of footlock he only uses his strength to submit me tho no technique, so im asking how can i submit this guy who jumos around like a fish out of water our rounds are only 5 minutes so its not enough time for me to wait for him to get gassed

Try to keep him tight in your guard and don't give up your position. He's a newer guy that likes to spaz out because he's not used to grappling so he will probably gas out or make a mistake for you to capitalize on.

Corey123 said:
Try to keep him tight in your guard and don't give up your position. He's a newer guy that likes to spaz out because he's not used to grappling so he will probably gas out or make a mistake for you to capitalize on.

Since he's so aggresive he might try to go for a can opener while trapped in your guard and mess up ur neck. Look out for that.

Somebody should explain to him that it's not about strength but technique.

Bmonk said:
Since he's so aggresive he might try to go for a can opener while trapped in your guard and mess up ur neck. Look out for that.

Yep. I would try to control his arms while keeping him tight to me so I could go for a submission, but not a submission that would make me lose my position if I don't get it. (Going for a Kimura, Kimura transitioning to a guillotine, guillotine, sweeps, etc.)

Hold him close and make sure you control his head and one of his arms. Just wait for him to gas and when he exposes himself catch him with any of the above mentioned subs. If he goes for a can opener just slap on an armbar.

Use positioning to make him tired, take your time use stretegy, like try taking the back and stay there while atacking his neck... The fact the you are submiting higher belts means that you are good in atacking, use your defensive moves, get your defence better and wait for an oppening when you are in bad position in order to turn things around...

For example one of my teamates (blue-belt) taller stronger and 20 pound heavyer than me is also a swimer his stamina is on amazing level never get's tired, when i try fast game even if i do better than him i get tired first and then he manages to dominate after that. So what i do is take my time get a good position and try to stay there while working and varius sub's without getting to crazy trying to keep things tight and work litle by litle. If i get in a bad position i work on my defence close up everything and wait for an opening to make things better, don't give any arms or my neck or use all my strenght to get him of of me. WAIT.

Strategy...

Also being agressive is good... but being "too" agressive gives oppenings for counter attacks...

Back