Hesdy Gerges confesses: lied about cocaine transportation

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
AMSTERDAM - Kickboxer Hesdy Gerges (36) has confessed that he lied about the 128 kg cocaine transportation. He was arrested in Antwerp in 2010 and sentenced to 4.5 years in prison, but always denied it. Now in his biography Fighterheart he has now confessed everything.

The Amsterdammer tells in his book, among other things, that he could not resist the temptation of drug trafficker Patrick Brisban. Even until his liquidation at the end of 2012, he mainly saw him as a 'nice guy'. Gerges describes in the book how Brisban took him over with 'limousines and VIP parties'.

"At one point I was so involved in the story that I myself believed I was innocent"

Deny, deny, deny

Gerges decides there is only one strategy: to deny. "At one point I was so involved in the story that I myself believed I was innocent." Partly due to various procedures - over a period of 7 long years - he received a suspended sentence and did not have to go to prison. It did, however, have a huge influence on his career as a kickboxer and on his private life. Yet he notes that 'Antwerp' has been 'a blessing in disguise' for him ever since. The kickboxer thinks that otherwise he would have ended up on the bad path much more.

Translated from DE TELEGRAAF

He came up during the same time as Rico and he was talented but squashed away his opportunity

Hesdy putting his life in danger by confessing, his drugs may comeback and after him for this.

Back