He's fine, took no damage, still on a mission for gold etc...

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What will Overeem's response be to this latest brutal KO?

And, should he retire? He's clearly not UFC champ material at this point in time. It's sounding increasingly pipe-dreamish.

He's still getting nearly a million dollars a pop and clearly still enjoys training and competing.

I don't think there's any chance he retires.

I dunno but it's gonna be hard for him to speak without whistling for a while, so whatever he says should sound pretty funny.

I dunno but it's gonna be hard for him to speak without whistling for a while, so whatever he says should sound pretty funny.

I've got a weird image in my head of him completely surrounded by dogs now.

Edit - every time he tells them to go away he whistles and more show up.

If dan doesn’t fuck up like usual alistair is rematching Francis to fight winner of stipe vs Cormier 3. That’s fact.

If he had gotten brutally KO'ed I would say it was time to hang it up.
He lost because of a busted face that was out of his control in a fight he was winning on the scroecards.

I dont think he took much CTE dmg either because half the fight was on the ground.

So technically if he feels, good .....fk it, let him go again. He did seem technical in the fight and was on his way to beating a undefeated dude.

I hate it when fighters hold their head up after defeat. I want more purple pillows!

Overeem fucked up. Overeem was clearly the bigger and better fighter and yet all he threw were jabs.

I felt fear in Overeem for round 5. Rozenstruik would throw combinations through the guard and Overeem would eat them. His response was a sloppy jab. Overeem started celebrating early and ate two heavy shots that ended the fight.

That being said, that takedown in the first round looked good. I'm seeing improvements in Reems game.

I think he should hang them up pretty soon. Performance wise he's doing very well even with some improvements here or there, but the guys had like 15 KO/TKO losses in both mma/kickboxing and he's getting hit by HWs. He's really not a guy who can afford to go out there and take one or two more after he declines and then decides to retire.

He gets paid very healthily though, so I understand wanting to get the payoff you've taken all this damage for in the first place.

You want Overeem to be drinking his food with a straw?
The ref messed up. It is what it is, you have to deal with it. Struve also got fcked with several low blows and crumbling on the ground, the ref did nothing and shortly after he gets ko-ed. I guess the fighters need to be professional but the refs don't.

It was a brutal cut. He got right back up which is pretty rare for overeem when he’s kod.

And, should he retire? He's clearly not UFC champ material at this point in time. It's sounding increasingly pipe-dreamish.

Not confident enough with his chin to stand and bang, not enough cardio to grind a fish out of water style opponent with wresting and gnp for 5 rounds...

...with that being said, WhateverReem will be back no later than July 4th 2020. maybe only 2 to 3 W's away from another shot at the HW title. The pay is too good to pass up

He was dominating the fight..and ref pretty much flubbed the ending of the fight...

Overeem is fine and a trooper i dont expect him to retire..hes still a solid fighter

He makes 1,6M to 2,4M a year in fights and probably a few more hundred thousand from other stuff at age 39 and soon will retire.
He got knocked down, not knocked out and got a mean cut.

People get worse stuff in car accidents for 0 money and have to work till they die at age 70

Back