Herring out of shape, but still excited to see!

Neitzsche

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
C0x__G9UUAAf4pl.jpg:large

I am somewhat, but also resigned to the fact that the fight will probably be 60 seconds of circling, followed by 2 min of GnP or 8 min of humping.

It is also weird that is has a tshirt hair line......wtf lol.

I hope he has a good showing but he has been out of the game for ages and he has always sucked vs strong wrestlers....e.g. Obrian and Lesnar

I hope he has a good showing but he has been out of the game for ages and he has always sucked vs strong wrestlers....e.g. Obrian and Lesnar
That Obrien fight was cringe worthy.

It would be kind of cool to see him vs Cro Cop again.

I believe Herring had to undergo major knee surgery following the fight with O'Brien. He showed up to the fight with his knee heavily bandaged. Looked way out of shape but I guess he didn't want to drop out of his first UFC fight.

In PRIDE, Yamamoto out-wrestled Herring which was really sad.

Last edited:
Wish he could have had 6 months or so to get into better shape. Oh well, hope he puts up a good showing and we see him more in the future.

Wish he could have had 6 months or so to get into better shape. Oh well, hope he puts up a good showing and we see him more in the future.

I don't think he's that committed to this return tbh, probably just took the fight for the paycheck and because he was already working with Rizin by doing their English commentary. Still not counting him out though, Aliakbari is a great prospect but he's fought mostly scrubs and if Herring can survive long enough he may be able to pound out a gassed Aliakbari.

I don't think he looks bad tbh, not in great shape but not bad.

He looks pretty good for a heavyweight really, most heavyweights look worse.

What a beating Heath took in that first round. Props to him for coming back and making it a fight. Amir was gassed and probably had every steroid known to man in his system and showed some STRONG STYLE wrestling. I think they should have had a third round. Anyone who fights Amir is fucked in the first round.

I'm confused - were the first two rounds scored individually or as a whole?

What a beating Heath took in that first round. Props to him for coming back and making it a fight. Amir was gassed and probably had every steroid known to man in his system and showed some STRONG STYLE wrestling. I think they should have had a third round. Anyone who fights Amir is fucked in the first round.

Herring had a raw deal. No way that shouldn't have gone to a third round.

2 weeks notice Herring on that Roy Nelson diet actually did fine. His punch absorbing powers are still there. He just needs a proper training camp.

good for Herring. 8 years removed from fighting, 15 years from his best, he still managed to do what he always did - get the shit kicked out of him by gassy wrestlers and endure long enough to make it a fight down the stretch. I was happy to see it.

Back