Hermansson deserves TS before Costa.

Hermansson getting a title shot cause he beat a close to 40 Jacare?
Jacare's has been focusing on lowering his test to get back his hair, instead of training brah.

Db0xx-IXUAAjjCB.jpg

Hermansson is already booked.
I know. Question is; if he wins that one.. isnt his run more impressive than Costa's? Atleast if you count by rank of opponents overall when they fought.

However, i do agree that Costas run is more brutal and exciting. And he is undefeated, although he could just as easily have lost vs Romero with other judges. Both deserves TS in my eyes

Ufc needs Costa as the MW champ.

Can fight

Good looks

Funny English

Kind of agree with you, however. If Hermansson beats Cannonier; Who do you think deserves it more? Or that they fight for #1 contender spot?
If he beats Cannonier with a great performance, he should be next in line after Izzy in my eyes.
(But I generally tend to favor the older guy with the most wins. I figure Costa is slightly younger and has slightly less xp so he can afford to wait)

However, I imagine a lot of fans arguing a Cannonier means nothing compared to a Romero.
But at the same time, fans are focused on recency, so they also tend to favor the guy with the last big win.

A contender eliminator is possible since they're so close.
But I think the UFC would want to keep both Jack and Costa around now that MW isn't as stacked.
Rockhold is gone. Gastelum, Yoel, Jacare and Weidman are coming from losses.
Guys like Brunson, Cannonier, Heinsch and Tavares are far away from being title shot contenders.

Last edited:
I love Jack but I don't think he stands a chance in this division against these monsters. Romero, Costa, etc.

I know. Question is; if he wins that one.. isnt his run more impressive than Costa's? Atleast if you count by rank of opponents overall when they fought.

However, i do agree that Costas run is more brutal and exciting. And he is undefeated, although he could just as easily have lost vs Romero with other judges. Both deserves TS in my eyes
TS, although your points are arguably valid they are irrelevant. Costa is a potential needle mover and getting a win over Romero on a high profile card was his coming out Party.

Jack Hermansson just doesn't have the same needle moving potential. As long as he keeps winning he'll eventually get his shot though.

It's a fair argument....

However Dana already has a hard on for Costa.....There is no question he's next because Dana wants to promote him. I can't say I blame him.

Who should get next title shot?

I see 3 scenarios:

1. Hermansson gets TS with win over Cannonier.
Looking at last opponents and how Hermansson beat Jacare, and compared to how Costa "beat" Romero. I would say Hermansson has gone through a more impressive run than Costa looking at who he fought lately.

2. Hermansson vs. Costa for TS?

3. Costa gets TS. No matter if Hermansson wins or loses over Cannonier.

What you guys think? Who is more worthy?

I want to agree because Jack is the man but i feel he back himself into a corner by pushing for the Denmark card. Had he just waited he would have most likely got Gastelum as a number one contender..

Now it's kinda up in the air. If he runs through Cannonier that could change things..

Hermansson getting a title shot cause he beat a close to 40 Jacare?
Well, age in itself isn't enough of a factor - given that other option is Costa getting a title shot cause he beat 42 year old Romero.
But yeah, I know, Romero was legit better and Jacare has more mileage.

But still, looking at the MW top 5, it's not as strong as it used to be so I think Jacare is still a good win.
Jacare beat Weidman in 2018 just after Weidman beat Gastelum.
That's why Gastelum beating Jacare was enough for him to earn an interim title shot.

Not a lot of other options for Hermansson.
He was about to fight Gastelum now too, but Kelvin got injured and was replaced by Cannonier. And Hermansson chose to stay active.
If he beats Cannonier then Hermansson have one of the better overall UFC streaks at MW with Leites, Branch, Jacare and Cannonier.

But yeah, I can totally see how you could argue a title contender eliminator is necessary.

Last edited:
Nope. Give it to Costa.
Kelvin should rematch Jacare. Hermannson v Weidman. Romero v Israel in spring because they'll both need a rest.

If Jack beats another top fighter (Weidman, or even god for fucking bid Brunson) he definitely deserves it next.

Probably, but Costa is a potential star and he has a serious wok backing his claim now so he’s going to get it

Costa has way bigger muscles so he's getting the title shot even if Jack gets past the Cannon. No offense to Jack but have you seen Costa's massive and rippling physique? OMG...!!
<YayKpop>

Beating Yoel >>>> anything Hermansson has ever accomplished

So, no. You shouldn't get a TS off beating Sive... errr... Cannonier.

Is Costa no.2 contender now?

The guy who’s already been TKO’d and subbed in the UFC deserves a shot over the 13-0 guy?

Not to mention Costa’s best win beat Jack’s best win.
I mean
upload_2019-8-19_19-14-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-19_19-14-32.png
    upload_2019-8-19_19-14-32.png
    42 KB · Views: 1
Nope. Give it to Costa.
Kelvin should rematch Jacare. Hermannson v Weidman. Romero v Israel in spring because they'll both need a rest.

If Jack beats another top fighter (Weidman, or even god for fucking bid Brunson) he definitely deserves it next.
Weidman is no longer a MW, he said he wants to move up to LHW.

Back