Law Here we go again, again: The Andrew Brown shooting thread

cottagecheesefan

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Did not make a new thread for this one last week, as details were not clear and had posted it in the Ma'khia thread. Feel free to marge into a mega thread. I think the departments did the right thing releasing that body came right away Ma'khia and with Wright in Brooklyn Center.

Maybe they realized with Ma.khia that regardless if the officer was justified or not, it doesn't matter.. but still not a good look. I assuming this implies it was a bad shot, along with the delay in release

This was last week, after it had initially happened

Police need to shut these things down immediately and every idiot with a cell phone out at these things is not a journalist.

I will wait for an investigation and hopefully some body cam footage before I make an opinion.

But as we saw with the Makye Bryant shooting, even video footage isn't enough for many.

Footage will soon. Already two cops quit and 1 retired so my gut tells me something is up. Also, officer and EMT audio says guy was shot in the back. That does not necessarily mean something went wrong in a very dynamic situation but it is not a great start.

Footage will soon. Already two cops quit and 1 retired so my gut tells me something is up. Also, officer and EMT audio says guy was shot in the back. That does not necessarily mean something went wrong in a very dynamic situation but it is not a great start.

well shit.

well shit.

Follow up.

"Later a first responder says, "Be advised EMS has one male, 42 years of age, gunshot to the back."

Seven deputies have been placed on administrative leave, two have resigned and one retired in the aftermath of the shooting, Pasquotank County Sheriff Tommy Wooten told CNN.

I will wait for an investigation and hopefully some body cam footage before I make an opinion.

But as we saw with the Makye Bryant shooting, even video footage isn't enough for many.

I had posted about the shooting in the Ma'Khia thread last week, since I didn't think it deserved a new thread... but the way this is being handled is not looking good..

Yup, I knew about him being shot in the back detail, but wasn't aware of the quittings and retiring. I also had read reports that the victim had attempted to flee and/or get in a car, but that was last week, don't see it mentioned again in the article I just looked at.

Some of the officers involved in the scene have resigned or retired.

Guessing this one is really bad and will overshadow the Bryant one. Batten the hatches....

Follow up.

"Later a first responder says, "Be advised EMS has one male, 42 years of age, gunshot to the back."

Seven deputies have been placed on administrative leave, two have resigned and one retired in the aftermath of the shooting, Pasquotank County Sheriff Tommy Wooten told CNN.

well, if this shooting was bad, the officers in question should be held accountable.

again, I will wait for the official investigation.

thanks for the update.

Back