• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Here is what I saw as a boxing guy

Uh huh and what did you say before the fight? Be honest.

Mayweather fought how he has always fought. He didn't have age on his side, his speed has diminished and he still did what he said he was gonna do. Can't say the same for McGregor. It's impressive. Go cry in your sour grapes.

I said the fight was an excuse for floyd to put conor over in boxing. 12 rounds and say "wow this guy is actually pretty good"

You're the one with sour grapes, because you can't (wont)cpoint out flaws in his performance last night.

takes floyd lbc out of your mouth

Ahh k.

Well Floyd whole point was even though he's out of his prime he still has enough to kick conor's ass.

For as bad as he looked, he was never in trouble I mean.... He was still quick and reflexes didn't seem shot.

he has enough to kick anyone's ass.

but instead of fighting the best fighters (canelo rematch, thurman, porter, garcia, pac rematch, tim bradley)

he spends his last 2 fights a B level Andre Berto and a MMA fighter.

he has enough to kick anyone's ass.

but instead of fighting the best fighters (canelo rematch, thurman, porter, garcia, pac rematch, tim bradley)

he spends his last 2 fights a B level Andre Berto and a MMA fighter.
Berto fight was him not giving a fuck and just wanting out of his contract.

Conor fight was literally the biggest fight he could take and easiest I guess... Dude is going to make 400 million, you know for a fact the other boxers would of wanted a bigger slice and they wouldn't of brought in the numbers.

Berto fight was him not giving a fuck and just wanting out of his contract.

Conor fight was literally the biggest fight he could take and easiest I guess... Dude is going to make 400 million, you know for a fact the other boxers would of wanted a bigger slice and they wouldn't of brought in the numbers.

Nobody is claiming it wasn't a lucrative and smart fight to make.

But lets stop being impressed with it on a boxing purist level.

Nobody is claiming it wasn't a lucrative and smart fight to make.

But lets stop being impressed with it on a boxing purist level.
People hate him but he's done huge for boxing in his time, he wanted a parting gift. He got 400 million and 50-0 record.

I mean I got more than I expected from the fight, I considered it a joke but they put on a decent show so I'm OK with it.

Fucking pumped for GGG/canelo I'm hoping people will see that fight coming up and will still be in a boxing mood for it.

comparing conor to floyds other opponents.... conor was landing punches and winning rounds. yes conor was badly outclassed but so were floyds boxing opponents

i had it 4-4 through 8 rounds. maybe 5-3 floyd. don't get me wrong, you could see conor start to fade by the 4th but he was competitive through 8

That wasn't a KO, it was TKO via ref stoppage.

He didn't even get a standing 8 count, he wasn't even knocked down once...

I was wrong about McGregor lasting all 12, but it had more to do with gas than damage.

McGregor lasted until round 10 so he went over championship length of time in MMA, I'm not surprised he was tired by then.

And whether McGregor's technique was good or not, early in the fight he was not only landing, but had Mayweather in positions where he could've done whatever he wanted too him in if it was inside the Octagon.

took him 10 rounds to do what he should have done in 5.

For the p4p best of this era, that's pretty embarrassing

40-year-old, low risk fighter, with a 2-year layoff fighting a guy with a 2-inch reach advantage who weights 20 pounds more. Still TKO-ed him.

I don't hate Conor at all but call it what it is.

I said the fight was an excuse for floyd to put conor over in boxing. 12 rounds and say "wow this guy is actually pretty good"

You're the one with sour grapes, because you can't (wont)cpoint out flaws in his performance last night.

takes floyd lbc out of your mouth

Lmao. Sour grapes over accurately predicting the outcome of a fight. You're a lunatic. Keep grasping for straws.

It wasn't a perfect performance but only a bitter Betty would say it wasn't impressive.

Lmao. Sour grapes over accurately predicting the outcome of a fight. You're a lunatic. Keep grasping for straws.

It wasn't a perfect performance but only a bitter Betty would say it wasn't impressive.

you have sour grapes because you're showing your insecurity over this fight. Stop trying to make it seem like it was an impressive win from Mayweather. Lol, it wasn't.

getting tagged more by an mma fighter than you did vs CHAMPION BELT HOLDING BOXERS is not impressive

40-year-old, low risk fighter, with a 2-year layoff fighting a guy with a 2-inch reach advantage who weights 20 pounds more. Still TKO-ed him.

I don't hate Conor at all but call it what it is.

easy money and an easy way to get to 50 and 0.

he took the easy route vs berto and he took the easy route vs conor.

you have sour grapes because you're showing your insecurity over this fight. Stop trying to make it seem like it was an impressive win from Mayweather. Lol, it wasn't.

getting tagged more by an mma fighter than you did vs CHAMPION BELT HOLDING BOXERS is not impressive

Oh really? I've been basking in the glory of this victory all night while you're out here kicking rocks.

As a "boxing guy", you should know that you can't just get 12 round boxing shape overnight against the GOAT without having dozens of amateur fights.

Floyd is 40, not in his prime anymore (still in a good shape) and not the "pretty boy" floyd (in his 20s KO machine), thats just his boxing style .. for suck sake. a no name soccer team could make 90+ mins against juventus (defensiv quality), but not against Real Madrid (offensiv quality).

took him 10 rounds to do what he should have done in 5.

For the p4p best of this era, that's pretty embarrassing

"pretty boy" floyd (his 20s) could make it much faster than 5 rounds (imo)

ok so last night was fun. Drinking, watching the fight whatever the fuck

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

Than.......it got embarrassing.

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Conors un orthodox technique....absolutely non existent. He looked awful.

Speaking as a conor fan in mma..........

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo

Hey man,

Ive been watching a whole load of floyd fights in the run up to this and i just wanted to say he looked like age has very much caught up with him. His reactions, speed, just his general aura, all very much diminished. Even his placement in finishing conor looked really sloppy, when compared to his former self.

Obviously his masterful tactics allowed him to take the fight without even working much, but i just wondered what you thought of his form, having come back from a two year retirement.

I REALLY dont want to see him fight a real boxer at this stage. Conor got finished by a retired old man winging it imo

Not trying to diss floyd, he relies on speed and got old, it happens

100% agreed.

Piss-poor technique, not even 6 round shape (claimed he was in 24 round shape, LOL), shitty gameplan, no heart.
Once a quitter always a quitter.

ok so last night was fun. Drinking, watching the fight whatever the fuck

Anyways.

I saw conor come out really hard the first threeish rounds. Throwing a ton of punches ( a few blatantly illegal but eh, he was trying to win).

In those three rounds i watched floyd do, what he has done to every opponent he has ever had. Analyze. Sit back and let his opponent do his thing until floyd goes on the attack. I had conor up 2-1 after three ( i believe the judges had floyd ahead 2-1 on the cards)

Than.......it got embarrassing.

First off all I kept hearing was conors un-orthodox technique and how it was gonna give floyd problems.......I dont want to talk shit to much but cmon......he was god awful from a technique standpoint.

Second we all know about conors gassing problems but he looked fucking done in the middle of round 4. His technique was already pretty terrible but it was getting worse and worse as the fight went on.

Arms flailing, mouth open, chin up. And than from about rounds 4-10, floyd beat the absolute living shit out of him.

And than conor got stopped..... yes floyd is the best boxer since sweet pea, but still. He hasn't been considered a knockout artist since his days as a super featherweight, is 40 years old and has been retired for two years.....and conor looked about 20 pounds heavier.

Conors un orthodox technique....absolutely non existent. He looked awful.

Speaking as a conor fan in mma..........

Sorry guys. I see no moral victories here. As soon as floyd turned it on it was embarrassing and the skill gap was lunacy......waste of time imo
Fair enough but..

Foreman
Andre Ward
Sugar Ray Lenard
Shane Mosley
Jeff Horn

Kind of disagree with you.....just saying..... as a boxing guy...

We talk about how FLoyd was 40 years old...I agree but he also showed that into his late 30's he was embarrassing young guns like Canelo...so while fighters do age I agree Floyd had already proven he aged slower then the average.

Add to the fact that Conor was 0-0 and a Boxing novice he really should have gotten the snot beaten out of him within 3 rounds.....but he went 10 rounds with arguably the best fighter of our era and an all time great.....just saying....as a boxing guy...

Last edited:
Evander Holyfield is on record saying it was a close fight. I'll take his word over some random Sherdogger who probably talked mad shit about Conor before the fight.

Had it been Floyd in the cage, he would not have lasted one round.

most experts said that real madrid vs juventus was close, but irl it wasnt. juventus played shit and real madrid wrecked them. if you watch other sports, you hear this shit almost everytime ... esp. here in germany lol ... even when they play shit, they are like "they played rly guuud!" hahah

Back