Here is a complete list of KHABIB's top 5 wins.

Technically RDA wasn't ranked in the top 5 when they fought, but rankings are not perfect. I think prime RDA is his win:
7mDytMi.png

Say what you will but Conors wins over Aldo, Alvarez, Poirier and Mendez (on short notice) is superior to khabibs top 4 if that’s the case..

Notable wins over Max Holloway with a torn ACL and moving up a weight class to beat Nate (rematch victory, plus significant brain damage to Nate over the 2 fights).

5th in the "official UFC rankings" actually puts him at 6th place. So yeah, outside of the top 5.
Lol, he was on a 5 fight win streak going in, then KO'd Bendo, beat the piss out of Nate KO'd someone else and won the belt less than a year after losing to Khabib, then defended it by finishing Cerrone in 1 minute. Khabib was the one loss in a 5 year tear of RDA's prime. Which 5 guys were better than RDA at the time?

Ok now name Silva, Jones and Fedors top 5 wins. Khabib has a damn good resume of wins.

1. Rankings dont mean shit
2. MJ literally moved from 6 to 5 after Khabib beat him
3. RDA was no. 5 when he fought Khabib
4. Shut your dumbass up

Michael Johnson was top 5, Al Iaquinta was in the top 5 for a flash, and of course RDA would become champion less than one year after his Khabib loss. I've been watching MMA for a very long time and I consider Khabib to easily be the LW GOAT. I also realize a lot of the guys that Penn, Gomi, Aoki beat are not good enough to be top fighters today (Gomi and Aoki wouldn't even crack the top 10) because I'm not delusional enough to believe that MMA doesn't evolve.

those wins besides Cerrone are not that impressive, it’s his run after his loss to khabib which got people’s attention.
He literally KOed Benson only few months after he fought Khabib.. won the title 11 months later.

In retrospect, it 100% was prime RDA.

Justin Gaethje
Dustin Poirier
Conor McGregor
Edsor Barboza

That's it. Just FOUR top 5 wins in his entire MMA career.

How do people even put him near a top 20 GOAT list, let alone in the top 10, when you know those facts? Do people not realize GOAT is based on accomplishments/legacy and not on (perceived) skill level?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Michael Johnson almost knocked him out and gassed himself out Going for the kill and Al was selling houses at the time he took a week off to fight Khabib.

LOL excuses, excuses. Johnson landed a good shot but was no where near almost knocking him out. Iaquinta stepped in on short notice but was already training to fight on the card against Felder so Khabib only had the same amount of time to prepare for him. Al was also on a 5 fight winning streak.

Bottom line is Khabib beat everybody put in front of him and has 5 top 5 guys and other top 10's on his resume. Idiots just want to pretend he's never fought anybody.

Justin Gaethje
Dustin Poirier
Conor McGregor
Edsor Barboza

That's it. Just FOUR top 5 wins in his entire MMA career.

How do people even put him near a top 20 GOAT list, let alone in the top 10, when you know those facts? Do people not realize GOAT is based on accomplishments/legacy and not on (perceived) skill level?
You forgot RDA

Right, his resume would look way better with

Ferguson
Cowboy
Alvarez

I just would like to have seen those matchups with all of them in their prime.

Back