Herb Deans Finest Moments

The only reason people like herb dean is because of Dana.

He is not good at all currently..

Ever since the Fedor-Hendo fight he went from most loved and respected ref to close to the opposite. You don't want to piss off the Fedor Fanboys, that's like crawling around the desert full of vultures with your guts cut open and insides exposed.

I think there is a real trend. There was a time Herb was consistently making great calls with few mistakes. More recently he hasnt been so sharp.

So a guy who has reffed hundreds or thousands of fights has messed 10 or so of them up in a year 10 year span?

That's what I got from that video.

Tito vs Shamrock seemed legit. Tito would been hammering him with more elbow regardless.

Rhonda one was ...meh I could see why he ran in but compared to his late ones was very earlier.

The rest were embarrassing.

Every time I see Herb Dean ref. a high profile fight I am afraid it will end either an early stoppage or with illegal blows to the back of the head.

The Hendo v Fedor fight is a perfect example. He allowed shots to the back of the head like it was ok just cause Fedor was dropped. When he stopped that fight i thought he was going to DQ Hendo... boy was I surprised

To me the worst has got to be Mazzagati. I personally like Herb and Big John, but I don't know who I'd give the best too. But p4p worst has got to be Steve Mazzagati.

46375255.jpg

Betters refs than Herb:

Big John
Marc Goddard
Leon Roberts
Kevin Mulhall
Some low profile refs are better too

Back