• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Herb Dean the shady one to get the job done

That was 30 seconds from being a 50-43 UD for Gaejthe... Tony had him right where he wanted him!

Please answer me, how the fuck does someone start making it to their feet if they're KO'd and 100% done?

You do understand that once someone is knocked out, they don't stay knocked out forever, right? And you do understand the concept of a TKO?

I get where you're coming from, and I agree that the fight should have gone on. It's a championship fight and you've got two seconds left in the round. Let them fight. That said, if this had been an undercard fight, somewhere in the middle of round two, and the ref had stepped in a second earlier, no one would have batted an eye. That's why this wasn't a bad stoppage. It's a frustrating one, and it may not have been the best choice from the ref, but it wasn't bad.

Honestly, if Tony had been on his way to a decision win and there were 10 seconds remaining in the fight... that STILL would have been a good stoppage...

(Another one of those situations where a fighter needs to re-evaluate who his "friends" are and who he wants in his corner.)

Nah, the ref's only mistake was waiting so long to separate them, so it looked like a bad stoppage when it really wasn't. Cruz was dropped, took another incredibly hard shot, then stayed face down with his arms out and no defence for several seconds before he actually made an attempt to stand up.

That ref was fucking garbage. Didnt call the eye poke against Pettis and let cowboy fend for his life with 1 eye. Fucking dumbass ref. If cowboy says he got eye poked he got eye poked its fucking cowboy he isnt going to fake being eye poked.

That ref is horrible

That ref was fucking garbage. Didnt call the eye poke against Pettis and let cowboy fend for his life with 1 eye. Fucking dumbass ref. If cowboy says he got eye poked he got eye poked its fucking cowboy he isnt going to fake being eye poked.

That ref is horrible

Keith Peterson is one of the best refs out there. No one talks about him much, but that just proves the point - the best refs are the ones you don't notice, because they're not doing anything wrong.

As for the eye poke, I imagine he got punched in the eye and it stung like an eye poke, so Cowboy mistakenly thought it was a poke. But there's nothing illegal about a punch to the eye.

Keith Peterson is one of the best refs out there. No one talks about him much, but that just proves the point - the best refs are the ones you don't notice, because they're not doing anything wrong.

As for the eye poke, I imagine he got punched in the eye and it stung like an eye poke, so Cowboy mistakenly thought it was a poke. But there's nothing illegal about a punch to the eye.

Umm Cowboy did get poked in the eye lol. But the ref was too drunk to see what happened. That basically gave the fight to Pettis lol. It was a super close fight and that flurry from Pettis after the poke won him the 3rd round.

He had 1 iffy call and 1 horrible miss call. I think Cruz might be right

Any additional time in the octagon would have been more unnecessary brain damage for Tony. Herb made the right call

Back