Henry cejudos wrestling and ability to adapt

ajcobra84

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
we all knew his wrestling pedigree but Cejudo also showed an ability to adap like never before seen.

I see Henry dominating for years to come.

His inside trips were pretty sick.

And he was very relentless with his takedowns.

Hard to see anyone in the division stopping Henry’s grappling or if they want to grapple him, he can comfortably stuff their attempts.

I'm actually ashamed of myself for not talking this guy up a whole bunch more.....

He's fucking incredibly good, and probably has the best wresting in the history of the UFC...

I'm actually ashamed of myself for not talking this guy up a whole bunch more.....

He's fucking incredibly good, and probably has the best wresting in the history of the UFC...
I agree his wrestling was superb he wasn’t spamming tds like a lot of wrestlers instead he timed them and executed them flawlessly and against arguably one of the best fighters ever.

I agree his wrestling was superb he wasn’t spamming tds like a lot of wrestlers instead he timed them and executed them flawlessly and against arguably one of the best fighters ever.

Elite wrestling, I was actually impressed DJ handled it as well as he did. Some of those scrambles were superb

Great takedowns but he doesn't have much offence when he gets on top. Like Romero, he only has freestyle experience which doesn't seem to translate to dominant MMA top game.

Great takedowns but he doesn't have much offence when he gets on top. Like Romero, he only has freestyle experience which doesn't seem to translate to dominant MMA top game.

You are completely wrong here, most likely because you know nothing of wrestling. Henry Cejudo was a highly accomplished folkstyle wrestler in Highschool. Like pretty much all highly talented and competitive US wrestlers he sought tougher competition and expanded to freestyle where there is international competition and the ceiling is higher.

A completely different situation than wrestlers outside the US who don't have extensive experience in the riding/stand up game that folkstyle has a major focus on.

The only aspect where Cejudo displayed a deficiency in his wrestling was when DJ was hitting granbys on the mat returns or TDs and he didn't follow the hips, a skill he would have mastered in the NCAA if he were not competing internationally.

we all knew his wrestling pedigree but Cejudo also showed an ability to adap like never before seen.

Too bad his BJJ is mediocre as hell. All he did was hold onto to DJ for dear life.

Well a lot of people probably dont know hes a gold medalist in wrestling. I was having a conversation yesterday with someone who was baffled as to why Cejudo would want to attempt a takedown on DJ.

You are completely wrong here, most likely because you know nothing of wrestling. Henry Cejudo was a highly accomplished folkstyle wrestler in Highschool. Like pretty much all highly talented and competitive US wrestlers he sought tougher competition and expanded to freestyle where there is international competition and the ceiling is higher.

A completely different situation than wrestlers outside the US who don't have extensive experience on the riding/stand up game that folkstyle has a major focus on.

The only aspect where Cejudo displayed a deficiency in his wrestling was when DJ was hitting granbys and he didn't follow the hips, a skill he would have mastered in the NCAA if he were not competing internationally.

It was just a conjecture. Like I said his top game isn't very dangerous. Honestly though at 125 and 135 it's fucking hard to be. You try to posture up on a guy like DJ or pass his guard and he's back on his feet instantly.

Well a lot of people probably dont know hes a gold medalist in wrestling. I was having a conversation yesterday with someone who was baffled as to why Cejudo would want to attempt a takedown on DJ.
Well then with respect that person literally doesn’t know shit

dominating 125.. possibly. moving up and dominating at 135? absolutely not. too many well rounded killers. Kid is legit though

Back