• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Henry Cejudo should get his opporunity at that FW belt.

What do you mean "what no one ever has"? I'm not sure what you mean by that exactly.

Both DJ and Dom had been defeated and Dom had been finished by Faber in their first fight. So both of those weren't new.

DC defended both LHW and HW titles while holding both and Nunes defended both of her titles as well.

olympic gold and 2 belts

Volk isn't doing anything right now but fiddling his thumbs waiting for an opponent. Shit why not?

Over Zombie, Zabit, Yair, Kattar , Ortega

Fuck that
Let us know when any of these guys actually want to fight each other. It feels like forever we been waiting on Zabit/Yair and Ortega/KZ. Fuck this waiting shit give Volk a fight with Triple C.

No he didn't realistically. He "Defended" a Fly W belt he didn't win. He was gifted one of the biggest robberies in UFC title fight history.

Defending his BW belt is not the same thing as cherry picking an unranked rusty Cruz when Yan and Sterling were both available. Ducking #1 contenders as Champion is the only form of Ducking that Legit exists.

Cejudo didn't even defend his Olympic title so since they say you aren't a champion until you defend he isn't even an Olympic champion.
Henry planned on fighting Aldo until Cruz had to replace him. I think it's disingenuous to say he was ducking Yan/Sterling when he was trying to fight the FW GOAT.

olympic gold and 2 belts
Olympic gold is a far more impressive feat than UFC gold but let's be honest here - it has absolutely nothing to do with his MMA career. He still had to work his way to a title shot twice and that Olympic gold wasn't a reason for those shots.
Dude became a great striker. Not taking away from that Olympic gold like I said. He is super impressive but that's an entirely different sport.

I mean, you're right. First to win both Olympic and UFC gold but that doesn't warrant a title shot in a division he never fought in.

so you never wants superfights to happen?
imo someone who is champion in one division deserves a title shot when he moves up
i wouldnt want adesanya to beat bums at lhw if he moves up

Not interested in the double champ crap. Just messes up two divisions and takes away legitimacy from the belts when the champ inevitably can’t defend both. I’m not wanting champs to go up and start from the bottom, but I’d like them at very least to face a top 5 guy the weight class up to earn a shot.

so you never wants superfights to happen?
imo someone who is champion in one division deserves a title shot when he moves up
i wouldnt want adesanya to beat bums at lhw if he moves up

thats what im saying.
especially if youre willing to vacate your belt and not hold up the division.
theres so many champs that didnt have the balls to go up and challenge themselves.

that should be a rule... if youre a champ, you can vacate your title for a titleshot up a division.
risk everything to gain everything. and he wins hes a legend.

Last edited:
He vacated his other 2 belts
Its not like he is holding up any divisions
He's been a very exciting fighter
give the man his shot imo

agree or disagree with this news?
agree, might as well. i think he loses but why not give him a shot

Henry planned on fighting Aldo until Cruz had to replace him. I think it's disingenuous to say he was ducking Yan/Sterling when he was trying to fight the FW GOAT.
Who has never fought at BW and we saw with TJ before him as well as Aldo vs Yan dropping doesn't mean you can perform. Also he could have chose Yan or Sterling but Choose Cruz. Champions are supposed to defend against #1 contenders not just cherry pick. He was also calling for Uriah another unranked retired fighter.

Henry is as much a Duck as he is cringey.

I agree and I'd kill to see him fight Volkanovski.

Who has never fought at BW and we saw with TJ before him as well as Aldo vs Yan dropping doesn't mean you can perform. Also he could have chose Yan or Sterling but Choose Cruz. Champions are supposed to defend against #1 contenders not just cherry pick. He was also calling for Uriah another unranked retired fighter.

Henry is as much a Duck as he is cringey.

If he was trying to challenge weaker competition, I'd agree with you.
Dudes trying to move up for a second time and fight the FW champ.
weve seen champs too scared to move up and challenge themselves.
Henry tries to do it, and he's called a duck.

Yes.
Imagine Cejudo walking around at 170lbs or even heavier.
Mofo will look like Paul Harris on Gama radiation.

If he was trying to challenge weaker competition, I'd agree with you.
Dudes trying to move up for a second time and fight the FW champ.
weve seen champs too scared to move up and challenge themselves.
Henry tries to do it, and he's called a duck.
*Edit: he also did not Move Up to BW. He killed himself to make FlyW. Just like Conor was killing himself to make FW and returned to LW not the other way around.

He is Ducking or already has Ducked defending against real contenders to avoid losing his belt in the Octagon. Challenging a champion who you may have a decent style match up in a class you never competed in and having nothing to lose. Sounds like Henry is trying to take a page from Conor's playbook. Henry does not deserve a FW title fight. What has he done to Earn one? Answer is nothing. He has Zero BW title defences against actual ranked contenders.
FW has a back log of viable contenders: KZ, Ortega, Yair, Zabit. not to mention Max being arguably the winner of their last fight.

Henry also has shown he won't defend that title if he were to win it. If he wants to become a FW champion it is more than fair to expect him to win a fight at FW. Since Max is in rematch limbo with Volk as champion how about Henry try out Max? The answer is he doesn't match up well with him. Besides Henry is retired so why keep making threads about him fighting anyone.

*Edit: he also did not Move Up to BW. He killed himself to make FlyW. Just like Conor was killing himself to make FW and returned to LW not the other way around.

He is Ducking or already has Ducked defending against real contenders to avoid losing his belt in the Octagon. Challenging a champion who you may have a decent style match up in a class you never competed in and having nothing to lose. Sounds like Henry is trying to take a page from Conor's playbook. Henry does not deserve a FW title fight. What has he done to Earn one? Answer is nothing. He has Zero BW title defences against actual ranked contenders.
FW has a back log of viable contenders: KZ, Ortega, Yair, Zabit. not to mention Max being arguably the winner of their last fight.

Henry also has shown he won't defend that title if he were to win it. If he wants to become a FW champion it is more than fair to expect him to win a fight at FW. Since Max is in rematch limbo with Volk as champion how about Henry try out Max? The answer is he doesn't match up well with him. Besides Henry is retired so why keep making threads about him fighting anyone.

youre discrediting his success at FLW.
discrediting his success at BW.
are you sure youre not just a hater?
theres a give and take between emotion and logic...

he's done quite a bit dude.
2 divisions. some big names. gold meal in olympics. tries his ass off with the media.
it aint like hes moving down too.
hes got the balls to move up.
same cant be said with a lot of these champs over the years.

Wth does the Olympics have to do with the UFC? That is a ridiculous comment. Especially using it as some kind of justification for something he hasn’t earned.

youre discrediting his success at FLW.
discrediting his success at BW.
are you sure youre not just a hater?
theres a give and take between emotion and logic...
Hyperbolic claims against his accomplishments to balance his hyperbolic claims of grandeur. He was given a BS decision against DJ to win the title he did not deserve. Two judges gave him the 2nd round when he had 1 TD but was outstruck 30-19 total strikes and 15-10 in significant strikes. The scoring criteria was changed for exactly this type of situation. TDs with no damage are not to be scored above striking.

With out any emotion no champion with zero or 1 defences is due for a "Superfight" in a division they have never fought. Not Cejudo, not McGregor, nobody. If you clean out your division Defending your belt not as a challenger then you have no reason to talk about the champion above. That's my opinion on it. Not just Henry but anyone. GSP got a MW title shot after being the WW champion and defending a record 9 times. BJ Penn got a WW title shot as the LW champion after only 1 defence but had held the WW championship previously.

I don't respect champions who don't defend but try to claim greatness.

He vacated his other 2 belts
Its not like he is holding up any divisions
He's been a very exciting fighter
give the man his shot imo

agree or disagree with this news?
Considering he’s undefeated at featherweight they should definitely should give him a title shot.<36>

(Sarcasm)

The guy had two belts at once and defended both correct?

Henry did what no one before him ever has.
He deserves whatever the fuck he wants IMO...
DC did it first. So no he doesn’t deserve a featherweight title shot maybe he should fight at least one featherweight first or go back to the division that he said he was the king of.

No.

Doesn't he need to update his Tinder profile

Back