Henry Cejudo has a very realistic chance to be 3 weight champ

I can easily see it happening. I'll even go a step further and say, if Henry does pull that off he will immediately demand a shot at the LW Belt.

dude has balls.

Not quite as crazy as fighting a LHW like the OP suggested but I don't see him vying for the LW belt. That division is very different from the one Frankie Edgar ruled; it's a shark tank where the combination of highly talented opponents and an increasing size disavantage doesn't bode well for him.

MMA has to be the only combat sport I’ve seen where people make these ridiculous demands about fighters staying in one weight class, and just lording over it.

In every other combat sport the whole idea is that competitors pushing themselves and reaching their ultimate potential. Moving up in weight classes to see how far their skill will carry them against progressively larger opponents.

In MMA people apparently enjoy stagnant competition and constant repetitions of the same champion facing off against an endless line of interchangeable challengers.

I really don’t get it.

How boring and mundane are you people?

then they should start with trying to beat a top 5 guy in the new weight class first. this immediate champ vs champ shit is the reason why fighters are frustrated with the champions and why once they become champions they become primadonnas that try to avoid defending their titles against the rightful challengers while waiting for this mythical "money fight".

i will say Adesanya and Max have been some of the best recent champs because of how often they fought and eager they are to prove themselves. Cejudo isn't lording over any of his divisions. he has 2 titles and yet only 1 title defense.

i'd agree with you if it was Jon Jones or some long time champion but Cejudo isn't one of those.

MMA has to be the only combat sport I’ve seen where people make these ridiculous demands about fighters staying in one weight class, and just lording over it.

In every other combat sport the whole idea is that competitors pushing themselves and reaching their ultimate potential. Moving up in weight classes to see how far their skill will carry them against progressively larger opponents.

In MMA people apparently enjoy stagnant competition and constant repetitions of the same champion facing off against an endless line of interchangeable challengers.

I really don’t get it.

How boring and mundane are you people?
The biggest weight class sport in the world is boxing, the majority of the boxing community around the world agrees people should compete in their optimal weight class, as that's the whole fucking point of a weight class.

If we bring amateurs into this, we have wrestling, and same thing.

I really don't know who to root for in this fight... Triple C or Aldo. Probably Cejudo 'cause I never really was an Aldo guy. That and I do find him to be somewhat humorous time to time.

Who cares. There should only be one weight class under 170 anyways. Lol @ there being 4 of them

lmao.

End the thread.

Everyone under 155 is a manlet anyways.

He could beat Khabib after with his dominate wrestling. That sambo bullshit won’t work on him. Four belts soon!!

Volk is still a manlet but he's got that real man body structure, looks like a solid piece

Cehudo will succumb to punches to a lot of guys at 145. I don't know what's the point of him moving to other divisions.
Aldo is a gimme fight for him.

The biggest weight class sport in the world is boxing, the majority of the boxing community around the world agrees people should compete in their optimal weight class, as that's the whole fucking point of a weight class.

If we bring amateurs into this, we have wrestling, and same thing.

I have no idea what you’re talking about. This is objectively false.

All if the all time greats in any combat sport, particularly boxing, are those that went up in weight and beat progressively larger opponents.

Mayweather, Pack-man, RJJ, Canelo, Ward, etc., all did it and are considered great because they did.

I mean I would love to also see Valentina beat his ass.

I dont think you guys are realizing this. This dude may very well knock Aldo the fuck out and then go beat up volkan at FW if volkan can stay champ.

If Henry does this. Is he GOAT? Quadrupole C.
Hell no.

then they should start with trying to beat a top 5 guy in the new weight class first. this immediate champ vs champ shit is the reason why fighters are frustrated with the champions and why once they become champions they become primadonnas that try to avoid defending their titles against the rightful challengers while waiting for this mythical "money fight".

i will say Adesanya and Max have been some of the best recent champs because of how often they fought and eager they are to prove themselves. Cejudo isn't lording over any of his divisions. he has 2 titles and yet only 1 title defense.

i'd agree with you if it was Jon Jones or some long time champion but Cejudo isn't one of those.

Ok, sure, whatever. There’s nothing wrong with scoring a couple of title defenses before moving up, and there’s nothing wrong with taking on a top 5 guy before taking on the champion.

But there is also a vociferous contingent of MMA fans that needlessly denigrate certain fighters for moving up in weight, or not having whatever they perceive to be requisite number of title defenses, or are against moving up entirely.

These fans tend to be fan boys either of a particular fighter, or are fan boys in general. They also tend to be fair weather fans, who like to hitch onto whoever is currently winning a lot. Usually the root of their objections to fighters moving up is because they are a fan boy of such and such fighter, and the thought of that fighter losing is too much for their fragile ego to contemplate, because they erroneously attach their own sense of personal worth to however some fighter they like performs.

Basically they are dumb, pathetic people that are beneath pity, who are poor fans of the actual concept of any sporting endeavor: to challenge oneself and see how well they can really do against increasingly difficult opposition.

There was no doubt he was fighter of the year in 2019. Nobody was even close.

I don’t know about goat, but he will sure be among the top guys.... And one of the biggest balls in ufc history.

He should FIRST fight at his own weightclass (whatever it is), string together a couple of title defenses, and THEN maybe, maybe... talk about a fight at FW.

This champ-champ-(champ-champ-champ) this is getting ridiculous.
There have been more than a year between two FLW title fights, and it likely will be the same with BW... nonsense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back