Henry Cejudo’s career takedown accuracy

Natesblackshirt

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys I just went back and watched every single Henry Cejudo fight and then did some math on his takedown accuracy.

The results were somewhat inconclusive but TJ’s teammate Benavidez was able to defend 6 of 7 while landing only one less significant strike. He’s only landed more than 3 one time and this will be a 5 round fight

Here’s the stats:
  1. Dustin Kimura- 0/2
  2. Chris Cariaso- 6/7
  3. Chico Camus- 1/15
  4. Jussieur Formiga- 2/3
  5. DJ- 1/1 (loss)
  6. Joseph Benavidez- 1/7
  7. Wilson Rice- 2/2 (only stoppage win of career)
  8. Sergio Pettis- 3/5
  9. DJ 2- 3/11 (outstruck by 30)
Takedown Defense- 88%
Takedown Accuracy- 35%
Average per fight- 2.31

He's better at taking opponents down from the clinch.

tenor.gif

Put over 9000 on Cejudo because of this thread. Thanks TS. We winnin!!

tj is gonna beat him and prove how MM wasn't p4p #1

Cejudo has never impressed me with his mma rassling. He needs to hope TJ is drawn out from the cut.

It is safe to say his wrestling pedigree hasn't fully transitioned into being an elite mma wrestling threat... yet. Landing some takedowns on Mighty Mouse, who was thoroughly handled on the ground by Tim freakin Elliot prior to gassing, does little to make me think he'll be able to do the same to Dillashaw. That being said, the massive weight cut for TJ could be a big factor so this is a pretty interesting fight albeit for unusual reasons

It is safe to say his wrestling pedigree hasn't fully transitioned into being an elite mma wrestling threat... yet. Landing some takedowns on Mighty Mouse, who was thoroughly handled on the ground by Tim freakin Elliot prior to gassing, does little to make me think he'll be able to do the same to Dillashaw. That being said, the massive weight cut for TJ could be a big factor so this is a pretty interesting fight albeit for unusual reasons

His cut would have to be pretty bad to overshadow his size advantage. TJ might find himself in trouble in Henry steals a round or 2 early. His cardio is the only cause for concern from the cut imo

Hes applied his wrestling mich better to MMA now.

It takes time to adapt to the MMA format

Back