Hendricks will be discussed among the GOAT when he retires

Russ82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
He is still young and I can't see him losing ever again. His fighting style will increase his longevity unlike fighters like Lawler who get into wars. He can keep fighting for a long time.

He will beat Condit again, Woodley, McDonald and whoever else they put in front of him. He was robbed in the last Lawler fight and will win a rematch.

Lawler x 2, Condit x 2, Woodley, McDonald, Brown etc will be as good as any of the GOATS. Not including the GSP robbery and how GSP appeared to run away from a rematch.

I looooove

da bumpity bump

like I looooove

da humpity hump

Hey guys, remember this one?

Hendricks lack of discipline alone is going to keep him from being in the discussion of all time great WWs. All time great MMA fighters simply do not mess up in t his kind of way. Simple as that. And his reliance on coasting is also an issue; that is primarily what actually cost him his WW title. It sure seemed like he was content to wall and stall the minute he felt he had a strong enough lead on points and assumed the judges were going to hand the nod over to him.

i agree i don't see anyone beating except for maybe limbard but he's a cheat.

Will we ever see him at WW again?

lol Lawler will finish him next time.

I don't think he will make any GOAT lists ... he's only spiraling downwards right now.

He's still got a bit of a mental block. If he can get past it, then he'll be a dominant champion. The way he was boxing up Lawler in the rematch was seriously impressive. His hands have gotten a lot sharper and he uses leg kicks well.

I just hope he ditches that head in crotch strategy. That shit was weak.

stock-photo-road-marking-187675028.jpg

I don't think he beat GSP in all aspects of MMA. In fact, I'm almost certain GSP won the fight.:eek:

And TS, do you really think Hendricks is dedicated and devoted enough to be the GOAT at 170?

johny-hendricks-looking-fat-with-sandwich.jpg

12039041_1898430703714673_1329750750128939095_o.png

If by GOAT, you mean top 5 we, then I agree.

Which guy is he again?

lawler/hendricks II was atrocious! Hendricks probably thought he was up 3-1 rounds and started humping Lawlers leg towards the end. He deserved that lost. Showed no heart at all.

Yes, if he fix his mental problems.

Hendricks will be discussed as a top 10 at Welterweight....that's about as far as it goes though.

TS is right. JH WILL be linked to the GOAT discussion, since he lost to the GOAT... George "Rush" St. Pierre.

I remember when Goat actually meant something

He's still got a bit of a mental block. If he can get past it, then he'll be a dominant champion. The way he was boxing up Lawler in the rematch was seriously impressive. His hands have gotten a lot sharper and he uses leg kicks well.

I just hope he ditches that head in crotch strategy. That shit was weak.
Did he really box him up? Seemed pretty even until Hendricks started head butting his dick. Lawler stormed him at the end of the fight and was more effective in that 30 seconds than either of them had done the entire fight.

He won against GSP but Hendricks isn't one of the greats. I see Condit finishing him a 5 rounds.

GSP won that fight. You can even go check fight finder.

If Hendricks 'win' against KOS stands then his loss to GSP should stand too.

Did he really box him up? Seemed pretty even until Hendricks started head butting his dick. Lawler stormed him at the end of the fight and was more effective in that 30 seconds than either of them had done the entire fight.

It was like rounds 2-4 that he was landing clean combinations on Lawler. Lawler really wasn't even engaging, he was just backing up a lot of the time and trying to cover up. I'm still not sure why Johny resorted to that strategy.

Maybe he SHOULD be on track to be in the GOAT conversation... but Hendricks do not maximize his great talent.

He is still young and I can't see him losing ever again. His fighting style will increase his longevity unlike fighters like Lawler who get into wars. He can keep fighting for a long time.

He will beat Condit again, Woodley, McDonald and whoever else they put in front of him. He was robbed in the last Lawler fight and will win a rematch.

Lawler x 2, Condit x 2, Woodley, McDonald, Brown etc will be as good as any of the GOATS. Not including the GSP robbery and how GSP appeared to run away from a rematch.

Robbie has really added a ton of longevity to his career by having avoided sparring for roughly 6 years. At 33 he's fighting like a 27 year old. Still as quick and crisp as ever. Johny's problem isn't the damage he sustains in fights. It's the injuries he sustains between fights that require surgeries and the like.

Also, he wasn't "robbed" against GSP. That was a close fight that came down to one round and how you, the individual, score certain things as a matter of preference.

It was like rounds 2-4 that he was landing clean combinations on Lawler. Lawler really wasn't even engaging, he was just backing up a lot of the time and trying to cover up. I'm still not sure why Johny resorted to that strategy.

Because he gassed. But I agree that Hendricks won rounds 2 - 4.

In no way was the GSP fight a robbery. They each obviously won 2 rounds and the first round was close enough it could have gone either way. It was his own fault for giving away the 5th round.

Rounds 2 and 3 were definitely won by Hendricks' stand up. I forget the beginning of Round 4 but I know Robbie stole it at the end while hammering Hendricks from that sprawl position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back