Hendricks will be discussed among the GOAT when he retires

More cow than goat with all the extra beef...

Fuck no.

Dude changed his fighting style to winning by taking his opponents down and smothering them. That's not fighting, that's scoring points to win the scorecards.

Lawler 1, 4, 5. Close round 4

GSP 1, 3, 5. Close round 1

I think Hendricks won both fights. But what fascinates me is how Robbie got a score of 49 - 46 in that second fight. There's absolutely no way he won Round 2 or 3.

He is still young and I can't see him losing ever again. His fighting style will increase his longevity unlike fighters like Lawler who get into wars. He can keep fighting for a long time.

He will beat Condit again, Woodley, McDonald and whoever else they put in front of him. He was robbed in the last Lawler fight and will win a rematch.

Lawler x 2, Condit x 2, Woodley, McDonald, Brown etc will be as good as any of the GOATS. Not including the GSP robbery and how GSP appeared to run away from a rematch.

You're dreaming.

He is 32, can't make weight, and lost the title in his 1st defence vs the guy who is reigning and defending now.

This is not the stuff GOATs are made of. At all.

And considering how JH fades in 5 round fights, I wouldnt back him to beat Lawler or Condit or Rory Mac.

Johny will be considered a top 5-10 ww of alltime when he retires, in the chasing pack among Hughes & Lawler & Fitch & Shields & Condit etc, but way way short of GSP.

fbz_017934467e94165ebdd7f0f3d8758bdc.jpg

I don't think GSP won more rounds, and especially not as a whole. At no point do I think to myself "man, GSP is winning this fight"

It was a close fight but if you didn't think that it was quite likely that it came down to who won the last round there's a good chance the problem lies with you rather than with the official decision.

Hendricks is a great fighter, but he's unlikable in a way that makes Matt Hughes seem downright pleasant in comparison.

That's hilarious! He'll be top 5 WW of all time if anything and that's a damn stretch.

it's not always just so much who you beat but how. Granted, he's definintely a top fight in his division and will most likely be for a while, I just don't see how people can say be discussed among the the best ever. He still needs to put together some bigger wins. The same thing can be said about any fighter then I suppose. He didn't do as much on top vs Condit but won and the fight vs Brown was lackluster.

Maybe he'll have some crazy 10 year run as champ n then yeah i'd agree but as of now, he's not even the best of all time in his division, let alone others (and fwiw, he's not #2 either)

GOAT fat ass that cries too much.

I don't think that is very memorable....

Also idk about GOAT but I do think he and Rory have the most room for improvement in their game as compared to the rest of the current top fighters at WW.

Last edited:
I think he is undefeated and one of the top 3 WWs to ever live. His list on wins is seriously impressive but...GOATS dont have close fights. Even though he beat GSP and Lawler, the records will show a loss.

I also think he will burn out faster than you think. Hes had some injuries.

GSP
Lawler
Condit
Story
Kos
Pierce

All close fights. Again I think he won them, especially the GSP and Lawler 2 fight. Still think both of those were robberies. Just a few too many close calls to go down as a GOAT.

In Fedors prime he was destroying nearly everyone, only Nog and CC survived but they still got beat to shit
Anderson KOed nearly everyone and at least subbed Chael after being dominated
GSP was a decision machine but the fights were almost never close. In rematches with Hughes and Penn he outclassed and finished them

Now that I think about it, Hendricks and Aldo are somewhat similar. Finishing machines before champion, close fights/decisions mostly afterwards.

Last edited:
lol where you at, TS?

I just can't remember how many times he defended his title or I would probably agree with you TS.

Yeah, it's all of Too Bigg Rigg's title defenses.

Yeah but it looks like he is going to be discussed as a great fighter that the GOATs beat

For sure he'll be talked about in discussions about BLOATed fighters for years to come.

When he wins he doesn't look impressive or dominant and he loses too often (even if controversial).

Wait, will he move to HW?

Otherwise he can only be discussed with WW GOATs:)

GSP and Shields are better welterweights imo

Among the GOAT's probably not but I can definitely see him as the 2nd best WW taking Hughes place

imo he beat GSP and Lawler both times, but no, no he won't

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back