Hendricks vs Lawler 2 proved neither deserve the belt

trblesome1

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
To me while watching that fight and how inactive Robbie was after his initial blitz, up until about midway through the 4th round. Then It seemed like Hendricks was completely gassed in the 4th round and had nothing left after that

Between the 2 of them there was basically near 5 rounds of inactivity in a title fight...There are up and coming hungry fighters who want it more than that. Now we watch 2 people who really aren't deserving of the belt fight again for it.

My only hope is they both seriously focus on their cardio leading into this thing, or at least Robbie doesn't blow his wad again in 1 minute.

as inactive as lawler was,at least when he did wake up he tried to destroy hendricks. Hendricks on the other hand was active,but didnt look like he was trying to do a whole lot of damage,just scoring points and stalling.

as inactive as lawler was,at least when he did wake up he tried to destroy hendricks. Hendricks on the other hand was active,but didnt look like he was trying to do a whole lot of damage,just scoring points and stalling.

He only really tried to destroy him though inside the last minute, maybe if he had wet for it a little sooner he could have finished the fight

Thats we need a third fight to see who deserve that belt.

war hendricks

You ever tried to fight a trained killer for 25 minutes straight?

i'd feel reasonably confident in lombard, mcdonald and askren's ability to take the belt away if they were to schedule one of those fights next so i agree though i am happy to see lawler with it

You ever tried to fight a trained killer for 25 minutes straight?

No i haven't but i didn't choose to be a fighter i went a different way lol. There are people in that division who CAN fight hard for 25 minutes. Not like GSP ever had issues

i'd feel reasonably confident in lombard, mcdonald and askren's ability to take the belt away if they were to schedule one of those fights next so i agree though i am happy to see lawler with it

Yeah same here, of the 2 Hendricks holding on in the 5th was more annoying so i thought he deserved to lose more. But damn was hard to forget how inactive Robbie was for so long in that fight, seems weird he won a fight like that

No i haven't but i didn't choose to be a fighter i went a different way lol. There are people in that division who CAN fight hard for 25 minutes. Not like GSP ever had issues

Not everybody is going to be like gsp man.

Not everybody is going to be like gsp man.

No but even all the other weight classes have champs that can fight for 5 rounds...If you cannot fight for 5 rounds you probably shouldn't be champ, unless you can finish everyone early

I just wanna see a different matchup. There are plenty of fighters that could be fighting for the belt. It's not like the HW division where we need Cain JDS 3 and all that. Sure, they were good close fights but it's not like one of them were dominate champions or anything such as GSP v Serra 2 or Penn v Edgar. If they had another close fight I wouldn't doubt having a Hendricks v Lawler 4. Let Lombard or MacDonald get the shot. Especially Rory.

Agree. In the last fight I remember talking about how SLOW both of them looked. Like old out of shape dudes. Did not feel like a championship fight. I miss GSP. At least he was in shape and explosive.

Lombard would be way mor inactive than Robbie on a five rounder and gas worse than Hendricks for sure. Rory is one of my favorite fighters so I agree with that but also you can't forget that he lost to Robbie before. I haven't seen enough of askren against high level guys to say how he would do but a man with grappling like that would be hard to beat. I hope they sign askren and I hope Rory an Lombard have a no. 1 contenders match assuming Lombard beats josh.

To me while watching that fight and how inactive Robbie was after his initial blitz, up until about midway through the 4th round. Then It seemed like Hendricks was completely gassed in the 4th round and had nothing left after that

Between the 2 of them there was basically near 5 rounds of inactivity in a title fight...There are up and coming hungry fighters who want it more than that. Now we watch 2 people who really aren't deserving of the belt fight again for it.

My only hope is they both seriously focus on their cardio leading into this thing, or at least Robbie doesn't blow his wad again in 1 minute.

haha. this is a funny way to think about things. robbie was the worst of the two, but hendricks seemed to coast down the stretch as well. i haven't re-watched it, and don't think i'd have the patience for it in any case.

Lombard ain't gonna fight him or he will but he'll probably have to change camps. Already stated that fighting Robbie is difficult for him because unlike Woodley they actually train together

MacDonald would get wrecked again the 5th round of the 1st fight would become the whole fight.

And Askren isn't even worth talking about as he's not in the UFC.

that was the plan for robbie.do everything to finish in first,if cant save it for the last.he knew he lost the first fight in the 5th so he did the right thing.but yeah,he wont be up there for long.

Between the two of them, they've beaten most of the top guys in the division.

If someone else deserved it, they'd be in their position.

Back