Hendricks vs Hendo @185 (84kg)

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Johny Hendricks :

"It was either [change my weight-cutting approach] or retire," Hendricks said in a recent interview. "That's how bad that weight cut was."
"It sucks because the last couple fights have been where it's been questionable. And it's been half my fault.
"Let's just say [those big weight cuts] won't ever happen again.

Considering that, how would be a young Hendricks vs the old good Hendo at Middleweight :D ?

Right H-bomb versus left 70% H-bomb? I'd watch it.

Would watch. Pretty interesting matchup actually. Wonder how Hendo would deal with Hendick's wrestling considering Hendo hasn't used his wrestling effectively in a while

Probably the best matchup for Hendricks at 185. Everyone else picks him and his t-rex arms apart

I think Hendo will retire after Mousasi wrecks him, so I don't believe this fight will happen.

hendo will take the Mousse out

I don't think so. Moose is too smart to stand still in front of Hendo waiting for him to load his right hand. He will go for takedowns and grind Hendo, just less easily than Cormier. Also Moose has never been knocked out in his 42 fights despite facing some heavy hitters.

Still astonishing that Mousasi is just 29 years old.

Hendricks would easily win. He's a southpaw Hendo's overhand would be much ahrder to land. hendricks at this point has superior wrestling and he's the superior boxer.
hendo wouldn't have much of a chance

To be clear, Johnny is saying he is going to stay in better shape during the "off season" He's staying at 170, but to answer your question Johnny takes it I don't think Hendo should be fighting anymore

Hendricks vs Hendo would be an awesome fight for sure. Hendricks is in a difficult situation, he can't cut to WW with ease and MW's would be too big for him.

Hendricks vs Hendo would be an awesome fight for sure. Hendricks is in a difficult situation, he can't cut to WW with ease and MW's would be too big for him.

He definitely can imo, he admittedly has not been very disciplined with his diet when he's not in camp

Moose will probably retire Hendo, but yeah I'd like the idea of Hendricks vs Hendo at MW!

I don't think so. Moose is too smart to stand still in front of Hendo waiting for him to load his right hand. He will go for takedowns and grind Hendo, just less easily than Cormier. Also Moose has never been knocked out in his 42 fights despite facing some heavy hitters.

Still astonishing that Mousasi is just 29 years old.

I don't think Mousasi will be able to take Hendo down consistently. People underestimate Hendo's TDD recently because he's been taken down quite a few times but remember Hashad had trouble taking Hendo down. I can't even remember him landing a TD on Hendo tbh.

I think that if Johny came in with a heavily wrestling based game plan he could get a win relatively easily. Henderson is quite old and his TDD has looked awful for years. He was repeatedly taken down by longtime WW Jake Shields. I'm sure JH has better wrestling than Shields and Dan is quite a bit older now.

Back