Hendricks Better Get Title Shot If He Beats Ellenberger!

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I swear in GSP's absence, Hendricks has been beating all the contenders.
If he ends up cleaning the division then who the hell is GSP gonna fight?

The Welterweight division is so stacked, but the only contenders that GSP hasn't fought that are amongst the top 10 right now are Nate Marquardt, Nick Diaz, Martin Kampmann, Jake Ellenberger & Johny Hendricks

The problem w/ GSP fighting those guys as the top contenders is the fact that Kampmann just lost to Hendricks via KO & if Ellenberger loses to Hendricks as well, the only person left is Hendricks. After that, there's only Marquardt left and by then I don't see any other viable challengers for GSP's title.

I don't give Diaz a chance in hell to beat GSP, if Hendricks beats GSP that's gonna give a major plot twist to the whole division. If Ellenberger beats Hendricks, he'll most likely get the next title shot.

Idk, Erick Silva got set back in his fight w/ Fitch. Fitch is fighting Demian Maia, if Maia wins then he's the only other guy besides Marquardt I could see contending for the title. But after that the division is gonna look super bland again. Just like how they had Fitch & Koscheck circling around the top of the division for what feels like forever.

But what if he loses a controversial decision? They gonna give GSP another guy coming off a loss? Just tell Johny he's screwed?

He will, there's no one else.

The narrative will quickly change if Hendricks win a close/controversial decision and Rory KO's Condit in a spectacular fashion or Maia finishes Fitch.

Didn't even hear about this fight. I really hope he beat Ellenberger. I have no interest in Ellenberger fighting for the title.

Why would Hendricks get the shot if he wins? Makes no sense at all. I can see if he loses to Jake, but not if he beats him.

The narrative will quickly change if Hendricks win a close/controversial decision and Rory KO's Condit in a spectacular fashion or Maia finishes Fitch.

Will Rory fight GSP?

Hendricks couldn't even beat Koscheck.

thank god you are the sole judge of fights in the entire world. Maybe we should call Dana White and tell him Hendricks has to pay his win bonus back because AnarchyCamp thought he lost.

thank god you are the sole judge of fights in the entire world. Maybe we should call Dana White and tell him Hendricks has to pay his win bonus back because AnarchyCamp thought he lost.

thanks for the support man

Is GSP just going to sit around and wait to get punched in the face by Johny Hendricks? If not, it's not that intriguing of a matchup to me. I've seen GSP fight a wrestler with knockout power. His name was Josh Koscheck. Hendricks has better standup, but not really appreciably better. MMA is a business, not strictly a sport. And Johny isn't really a draw yet. Georges only fights draws, at this point.

Get rid of this whole 'deserves' complex. You deserve what you can draw in this 'sport'.

Only if he loses to Ellenberger and then talks a bunch of shit, don't you know how the UFC works?

I'd like to point out that Thiago Alves is the only fighter in the WW division who had too/was able too beat Koscheck in order to earn a title shot, unless Hendricks gets one.

Is GSP just going to sit around and wait to get punched in the face by Johny Hendricks? If not, it's not that intriguing of a matchup to me.

I'm certain that Sodallah, Fitch and Kampmann did not intend to "sit around" and wait to get punched and knocked out by Hendricks, yet, it happened. I'm also certain that GSP did not intend to get kicked in the head and knocked down by Condit, yet, that happened too. Just because GSP doesn't want something to happen doesn't mean he'll necessarily prevent it.

Last edited:
i don't see what hendrick's problem is at this point - it's annoying - if he wants a title fight so badly then he should just sack up and do the right thing: whine like a 12 year old bitch with ADD (throw a few temper tantrums for good measure), insult st pierre's family and/or ethnicity and maybe a take a dump on the canadian flag (make sure to put it on youtube) and maybe grow a big silly mohawk

oh yeah, and lose his next fight - that's the most important part

i'm sick of all this "earning it" crap with "multiple top 5 wins" and "spectacular ko's" - seriously, what does that shit even mean?

What the ufc is doing is sickening.People like Boetsch and Belcher aren't big draws so they are getting fed to people like Costa and Okami so that when they lose they will be out of contention for a long time.

They are doing the same to Hendricks,Ellenberger lost to Kampmann who got destroyed by Hendricks.

I give Ellenberger a very good chance to defeat Hendricks and then Johny has to fight a couple more again voila mission accomplished.

Back