Hendo fine with women headlining

JJLong

Purple Belt
Reaction score
because he knows it benefits him. now he only has a maximum of 15 minutes as opposed to a possible 25.

Hendo probably likes the idea of a 3 round fight.

What UFC needs to realize is the main event will be a couple of minutes long.

Dan_Henderson_1000565.jpg

Hendo doesn't like the co-headline status at all. His true feelings were expressed through his managment. His follow-up tweet yesterday was just to smooth over any ruffled feathers. Title fight be damned...you don't put Hendo/Dragon behind K-1 Rousey/Lizbo.

I really wish that hendo-machida would be a 5 rounder. Instead all that time wont be used in the armbar fight

But I am not,One of the worst decisions made by UFC

Based on how gassed Hendo was in the final round vs Shogun he is probably happy about a 3 round fight. It gives him a much better opportunity to win. Rampage was able to beat Machida in 3 rounds and he's been looking like crap since the Forrest fight.

because he knows it benefits him. now he only has a maximum of 15 minutes as opposed to a possible 25.

Yes. I hope he dominates like he did the first 3 against Shogun, or knocks Machida the F out.

WAR Oldpower!

Guys it's not the 1950s... A women title fight should headline a card. Is it really that shocking?

I think I understand what his management was aiming for, in the sense that the UFC is sort of robbing us of some action since the women's main event will likely last <2min, which is a waste of a 5 round fight. But as far as Hendo's chances of winning the fight, a 3 rounder would seem favorable.

I think that people that show up to watch really are interested in Danny boy and the Pee Drinker go at it.
Rousey is CLEARLY getting bottle fed and protected like Franklin was in the early days to keep Womens MMA a thing in the UFC till Cyborg figures her weight shit out.

Guys it's not the 1950s... A women title fight should headline a card. Is it really that shocking?

It's only shocking if you expected integrity. I understand women are as strong as men, they're funnier, smarter, more productive and everyone who isn't a white male is automatically awesome but make it an all women card then if they're so confident that's what everyone wants to see. Oh right, they don't even have any women fighters besides those 2 because it's a not a real division, it's pretty much an amateur level exhibition headlining over 2 top 5 UFC veterans.

Hendo doesn't like the co-headline status at all. His true feelings were expressed through his managment. His follow-up tweet yesterday was just to smooth over any ruffled feathers. Title fight be damned...you don't put Hendo/Dragon behind K-1 Rousey/Lizbo.

Lol. Please tell me that's her actual nickname.

It's the only decision to make. Title fights always trump non-title fights. If you do not have your title fight main eventing you show a lack of confidence in your belt.

Lol. Please tell me that's her actual nickname.

I worked with a chick named Liz that everyone thought was gay, people always called her Lizbo, turned out she just liked having her hair short. whoops.

It's only shocking if you expected integrity. I understand women are as strong as men, they're funnier, smarter, more productive and everyone who isn't a white male is automatically awesome but make it an all women card then if they're so confident that's what everyone wants to see. Oh right, they don't even have any women fighters besides those 2 because it's a not a real division, it's pretty much an amateur level exhibition headlining over 2 top 5 UFC veterans.

living up to your name aren't ya?

I don't mind the ladies headlining at all, but it kind of irks me that Hendo vs Lyoto will only be 3 rounds, and 4,5 rounds, give or take, will likely be completey superfluous in the main event.

Back