1. Sherdog will be undergoing additional maintenance in a few hours, lasting until 6am EST. The site may experience some technical difficulties during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Henderson knocked out Lombard and has a win over Bisping. Please don't lump Bisping in with Woodley

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Willek, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Willek

Willek Gold Belt

I'm sick of Woodley already. Instead of Nick, maybe Nate can slap some sense into him.

shaffmeister likes this.
  2. Crazedpyro

Crazedpyro Green Belt

What the fuck are you talking about?

3. Miiiiiiighty

Miiiiiiighty Gold Belt

At least I can understand why Bisping wants it : England + avenging loss + easy payday ( or at least he thinks so ) against a well known opponent who comes out of a win...

On the other Woodley calling out Nick is ridiculous. I hope Nick destroys him if they get paired

4. ssc280

ssc280 Purple Belt

Thread title makes zero sense

5. Gigaton Punch

Gigaton Punch Gold Belt

Nope, it's the exact same fucking thing. Even worse in Bisping's case as there's 4 different guys that could've got the shot

Breaking likes this.
  6. Breaking

Breaking One shall stand, and one shall fall.

Trying to vehemently justify a double standard is a sign that your anger lies elsewhere--in something you AREN'T saying.

Henderson KOed a guy who couldn't hack it at WW and who was unranked at MW. He doesn't deserve a title shot.

And neither did Bisping.

And Woodley beat a guy who took him seriously, and he's definitely one of the best guys in his division.

Bisping is none of those things.

So, you're right. They shouldn't be lumped together.

7. Son of Sonnen

Son of Sonnen Brown Belt

I agree. I don't agree with Bisping v Henderson, but I can live with it. There is no clear cut #1 in Middleweight. Thompson is clearly #1 at WW. Whoever wins Maya vs Condit I think also has a better claim than anyone at MW. B) there is a link between Bisping and Hendo. This pretty much being a retirement fight for Dan either way also makes a difference for me. Not to mention Hendo is coming off a win. Nick Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011.