• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Helwani haters eat crow

"Did us a service"

You need someone to point out the obvious?

He said nothing no one couldn't work out for themselves at the same time the events occurred

Press conference cancelled and promo (e.g. free fights) = fight in jeopardy most likely because of Connor injury
UFC promote fight again during next televised event = fight is back on, Conor injury/ situation isn't as bad as first seemed
Ultimately fight cancelled due to conor injury

At no time did Ariel reveal (or even appear to know) anything that anyone with more than a single digit IQ didn't know themselves from the same info.

And yet some of you weird fan girls are sucking his plums like he's journalist of the century all because he hates Dana

Very weird

Strange how people like you just can't admit when someone's right.

I bet you knew they were fishing for replacements, though.

Weird how none of us with single digit IQ plebs follow you for info

Strange how people like you just can't admit when someone's right.

I bet you knew they were fishing for replacements, though.

Weird how none of us with single digit IQ plebs follow you for info
Explain like I’m 5 how Ariel was right by purposefully not telling us for 2 weeks that Conor was injured or that Pereira/Jiri 2 would be replacing it.

He’s the instigator, but he has his place. He’s cool by me.

On June 3 (when Conor no-showed and UFC cancelled all promotion of the fight) everyone (to include Ariel) with a brain kind of figured it was in trouble.

After that multiple UFC-PR accounts went into overdrive on this stupid ass forum trying to sway those opinions, because that is how shitty their job is: even when their company stops advertising a fight they still have to go on advocating for said fight and to bash Ariel even when he is right solely because to TKO he's persona-non-grata.

But yep, Conor being a POS naturally plays well for us fans that understand he's a POS and all the UFC blowjob artists on this site and their bullshit bloviating posts couldn't change the fact that he's a scumbag. Pretty easy bet for Ariel and for us / glad the fight is off so hopefully we can move on to promoting actual fights instead of fixed fights, which obviously would be the case of off-surgery-and-roids Conor vs I'll-be-a-good-boy-I-promise Chandler.

You are really hitting your lowest IQ level of posting.
Oh I very much doubt that.

Not reporting the news is literally the opposite of journalism. A journalist isn't supposed to care about the repercussions of their story. They're supposed to care if it's true or not, and if true to report it.
Hey Mark, you never told me how your day was going? Did you need some time to mentally reset after the fight was canceled and you were embarrassingly wrong. Again.

Ariel was reporting things..
That's not what you were saying before

Oh I very much doubt that.

Hey Mark, you never told me how your day was going? Did you need some time to mentally reset after the fight was canceled and you were embarrassingly wrong. Again.

That's not what you were saying before
Happy Pride Month, glad to see you’re celebrating so fully

Dude -- take the "L".

He literally said what was going on. He was the first one to report UFC was looking for a replacement. And then it happened. It's perfectly normal for there to be confusion from his sources, but he was literally right.

Stay mad about though. Helwani doesn't need another place to live since he makes decent money, but it's good to know he can always live in your head rent-free.

Explain like I’m 5 how Ariel was right by purposefully not telling us for 2 weeks that Conor was injured or that Pereira/Jiri 2 would be replacing it.
This MIGHT be a revelation to you since this is a bit of info regular MMA fans usually know, but people who are injured sometimes still fight. Being injured doesn't mean the fight won't happen, which perfectly explains why there was a possibility the fight might still have happened

Lol, Ariel doesn't respect shit when it comes to him getting a "scoop", and that's why the UFC banned him and ESPN fired him.
His contract ended with ESPN and he left

Happy Pride Month, glad to see you’re celebrating so fully
I didn't know you knew what months were, considering they all have over 20 days, which means you run out of fingers and toes trying to count them

We would have had 10 days with total silence without him, grateful. It was enough to put my mind at ease, easy to figure an injury with his clues. The speculation would have been absurd.. vey bad timing with Raimondi leaving the sport as well, cos he surely would have been 2nd on the ball and picked this up, but no else ever did..

The state of mma journalism in 2024 is in terminal decline. The sport has almost managed to chase them out, unlike any other sport in history mma will have no professional scrutinizing coverage. Im sure Brett would have gotten the scoop lol.

Back