Help!

moemurda

White Belt
Reaction score
im competing in my first grappling tourney in about 10 days, and i just stepped on the scale and it scraemed 184 lbs. my ideal weight is 169.9, but if i cant do that, ill have to settle for the higher weight class. this is my first time cutting weight, and it would b great if you guys could give me some tips on how to do it. im eating about 5 to 6 meals a day, mostly meat (chicken beef fish) fruits and veggies, and i only try 2 eat carbs either b4 or after training, and sometimes in the morning 2 and i try to drink as much water as i can, but sometimes i drink a sip or 2 of iced tea. if any1 has any ideas or tips to help me out, let me know! Thanx guys

You need to sweat a ton. Up your cardio and eat less. You also need to get to a sauna or steam room to shed the final 3-5 pounds. You have a long way to go, good luck.

There's some information in the FAQ sticky regarding cutting weight. You should check it out.

If you're muscular and you eat clean then cutting to 170 shouldn't be that difficult. Do your reading on this forum and you should be ok.

You need to sweat a ton. Up your cardio and eat less. You also need to get to a sauna or steam room to shed the final 3-5 pounds. You have a long way to go, good luck.

He shouldn't be doing sweating out weight 10 days out. You should change your diet about 2-3 days prior to the cut. How to actually change is more than I willing to type right now and that information should be around on the forums.

Help! I need somebody.
Help! Not just anybody.
Help! You know I need someone...HELP!

Help me if you can, I'm feeling down...
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me get my feet back on the ground,
Won't you please, please help me.

He shouldn't be doing sweating out weight 10 days out. You should change your diet about 2-3 days prior to the cut. How to actually change is more than I willing to type right now and that information should be around on the forums.

Umm no. You can't lose that much weight without sweating it out. He has 10 DAYS!!!! Change your diet all you want but you can't cut that much in 10 days without sweating, period.

Umm no. You can't lose that much weight without sweating it out. He has 10 DAYS!!!! Change your diet all you want but you can't cut that much in 10 days without sweating, period.

I agree that he has to sweat but he shouldn't start sweating now.

Next time you should be more mindful of your weight, farther out from competition. 15lbs is a lot to cut if you have no idea what you are doing.

The 5 lbs 24 hours prior to weigh in has always been easy by running, sweating, ect. Anytime I have cut more than that in a short time I think it did more harm than good, especially if you are in fairly good shape at your current weight. Few times I dropped 10-12 lbs 3 weeks prior to a tourney I would get crazy muscle and sleep issues. IMO weigh the benefit of being in the lighter class verses possible ill effects from losing good weight too fast. You may make your weight but if you feel like sh$#....shrug

i got caught in an armbar the other day in training nd tried 2 roll out, and herd a pop, so now the arm is outta commission. but imma keep ur advice in mind 4 the next 1, thanx guys

15 lbs. is way too much to cut if you

A.Have no idea what your doing

&

B. Have never cut weight before.

Back