Help on an all natural organic diet?

T

thefyn

I am on day one of going all natural/organic diet. So I am not going to eat/drink anything that is made up of processed food .

Day 1 I realized it is EXPENSIVE.

Does anyone know how I can keep the costs down?

Based on my experience........good luck! Organic has proven to mean "more expensive" in my experience.

You're not gonna be able to buy fresh produce and protein over the net in bulk quantities, nor would you want too. You pay for it because you want fresh food, not shit that's been sitting in your fridge for 2 weeks because you bought ten pounds of spinach. IMHO, organic is good in theory, but the term is so loosely regulated that I don't try to get it unless cost is similar.

Try finding a farmer's market, often they sell organic and free range meat that is slightly less expensive. I buy organic meats but I seldom buy organic produce, particularily if its something with skin that I'm going to peel anyway.

Where are you from? Lidl stores have a range of organic stuff that's quite cheap and tastes good too. Their organic bananas are massive! And taste great too.

Where are you from? Lidl stores have a range of organic stuff that's quite cheap and tastes good too. Their organic bananas are massive! And taste great too.

Why pay extra for an organic banana? You're going to throw away the peal anyways aren't you?

Organic bananas taste very different or it may have been the brand that I got. But I'm sticking with tastes different in a good way.

theres a Trader Joes out here where i live. its pretty cheap. but eaint healthy/all natural or organic is expensive. for your health its worth it.

Yeah, the bananas taste far better I find. Plus like I say they're huge in comparison to the others in the store so in a way I end up saving.

+1 on organic being expensive. It does suck in that aspect. I'll buy organic stuff sometimes if I have the money. Like mentioned b4, farmer's market is a good place to start.

Cool. I just found out there is a farmers market near me for produce.

Looks like I am stuck with supermarkets for meat.

Where do you live?

I am on the same diet.

I buy organic stuff in bulk from Amazon and then Kroger Supermarket. (they have their own in-store brand of organic food)

Where do you live?

I am on the same diet.

I buy organic stuff in bulk from Amazon and then Kroger Supermarket. (they have their own in-store brand of organic food)

In Florida. I am orig from the UK so not clued up on the stores etc.

In Florida. I am orig from the UK so not clued up on the stores etc.

When I switched to this diet, I spent a lot of time going from one supermarket to the next until I found one that carried a lot of organic stuff, at a good price. (I went through 5 different stores)

It does take work to find good places to shop.

I also use a local farm to buy meat, eggs, raw milk, etc.

I buy most of my groceries from Whole Foods. The problem here is that they tend to be more expensive than other stores of the ilk. The reason I go there is because I prefer organic food and their selection in this regard is superior to other stores. I can get things at Whole Foods that the folks at Trader Joe's or Fresh & Easy don't normally carry (i.e., buffalo, venison, etc.).

If you've got a Fresh & Easy in your neck of the woods, I'd check it out. Reasonably priced fare -- but quite a limited selection.

Also, as others have mentioned, if you've got a local farmers market... that would be a great place to go. They normally offer great prices.

Where I live, I've noticed that normal grocery stores are starting to carry more organic food (like Smith's/Kroger's and Albertson's). But in most cases, one could get the same stuff at Whole Foods for cheaper. Economies of scale ftw.

Back