help needed-double leg/single leg drills in the gi

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by beepee, May 12, 2014.

1. beepee

beepee Orange Belt

Hey, just looking for suggestions of good offensive and defensive double/single leg drills to be done in the GI. Both for attacking the legs and defending. Thanks in advance for your help

2. Dirty Holt

Dirty Holt Black Belt Professional Fighter

There is going to be virtually zero difference in double/single offense or defense in gi pants, no gi, or wearing Carhart overalls.

That being said, your standard wrestling defense is going to be different from what you should be looking for when back points are gone and submissions are thrown in the mix.

3. beepee

beepee Orange Belt

Thanks for your reply, basically I've been given the opportunity to coach leg attacks/defence at our judo club. I am somewhat experienced in freestyle wrestling and have trained judo extensively but I'm looking to broaden my knowledge and hope to basically blag drills from other grapplers. Are there any specific drills you like specifically in defence
    GI specific please if possible??

I should add the standard of wrestling here is not hi and my training lasted for a year as an addition to judo training not a focus!!