Help me learn everything I can about vitamins and supplements, please!

B

Brand Nizzel

Hey guys. Fitness and nutrition is a huge part of my everyday life, as I am an aspiring pro athlete. I like to think that I know a lot about most vitamins and supplements. However recently I got a job at the local GNC and I realized how much I need to learn. Yesterday was my 3rd day, and the final straw was when I embarrassed myself trying to explain the difference between Creatine Monohydrate and Ethyl Ester to a customer. The convo stopped short at "different delivery systems....yeah....uhm.." I made myself look like an idiot.

Anyway, can you guys help me out? Do you have any websites with a directory of supplements that I can research and read up about? I need to learn as much as I can....I need your help! I guess you can start by explaining to me the difference between Ethyl Ester and Monohydrate

You expect to be spoon-fed. Do a little work yourself. Read the FAQ. The answer to your Creatine question, and many others, can be found there. Read the link-outs.

You expect to be spoon-fed. Do a little work yourself. Read the FAQ. The answer to your Creatine question, and many others, can be found there. Read the link-outs.

I've been doing that since about middle school. What I'm asking for is if anybody has access to any kind of "supplment encyclopedia" where I can research supplements in mass. I know much about supplements aimed towards athletic goals (the majority of supplements discussed on this board), however I still need to learn about the random shit haha.

I've been doing that since about middle school. What I'm asking for is if anybody has access to any kind of "supplment encyclopedia" where I can research supplements in mass. I know much about supplements aimed towards athletic goals (the majority of supplements discussed on this board), however I still need to learn about the random shit haha.

Haha okay I got you - my bad! Hahaha.

Oh, and congrats on getting a job at GNC - discounts *drools*

1. Flintstone Vitamins
2. Creatine
3. Fruits, Veggies, and Dead Animals
4. Milk
5. Fucking Protein Shakes

all those NOX products are crap. Alli gives you atomic shits. If you were a real nice guy, you'd just tell people to get on the internet, where stuff doesn't cost eleventybillion dollars :)

nah, i'm playing, one of my old roomates runs a GNC. good guy.

hahah true. Thanks guys. I'm surprised how strict they are working there, I had to take a piss test and everythin to get the job..

Guys, I just got a job at GNC, which makes this totally different than every other lazy person. Can you tell me a ton of things that are already in the FAQ so I don't have to look? Thanks!

Guys, I just got a job at GNC, which makes this totally different than every other lazy person. Can you tell me a ton of things that are already in the FAQ so I don't have to look? Thanks!

Having a tough day? :)

This wasn't even nearly as bad as some of the other threads that have popped up in the last few days. I try to give most people the benefit of the doubt.

Having a tough day? :)

This wasn't even nearly as bad as some of the other threads that have popped up in the last few days. I try to give most people the benefit of the doubt.

I say something every time it isn't a white belt that asks a question that is exactly the same, only with some lame twist.

"I got a new job"
"I have a test for school"
"I have an MMA tournament next week"

I'm having a great day. I just like pointing out when people ask the same question that's been asked a million times.

GNC doesn't have some sort of manual?

That was my first thought too. I would think working at GNC would be a great place to learn about that stuff. Don't they have any kind of training program or training resources for you?

That was my first thought too. I would think working at GNC would be a great place to learn about that stuff. Don't they have any kind of training program or training resources for you?

I believe any sort of GNC manual would be just to sell you as many products as possible while at the counter - regardless of how good they actually are for you. I got my Mega Men mutlis today and omg, the guy would not shut up even after being told several times Mega Men was the only thing I wanted/needed. Annnnnnoying.

Well, it's obvious that's their priority, but I would think they'd have a way for their employees to learn as much as possible in order to sound like they know what they're talking about

Hey guys. Fitness and nutrition is a huge part of my everyday life, as I am an aspiring pro athlete. I like to think that I know a lot about most vitamins and supplements. However recently I got a job at the local GNC and I realized how much I need to learn. Yesterday was my 3rd day, and the final straw was when I embarrassed myself trying to explain the difference between Creatine Monohydrate and Ethyl Ester to a customer. The convo stopped short at "different delivery systems....yeah....uhm.." I made myself look like an idiot.

Anyway, can you guys help me out? Do you have any websites with a directory of supplements that I can research and read up about? I need to learn as much as I can....I need your help! I guess you can start by explaining to me the difference between Ethyl Ester and Monohydrate

They do have a training binder for you also, ask your boss for where it is. Also depending on if you are part time or fulltime etc they even have classes avaiable after 90-180 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back