Help me find this closed guard technique??

ous

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,

As a newbie (3rd lesson) i like to find the techs we did during class at youtube. But my memory doesn't serve me at the moment.

It's a techn were you are in closed guard and you let your opponent standing up - you keep your hips high - now with your right hand/arm you go to your opponent's right leg and ........
then i can't remember :icon_sad: ( i think we went for an armbar, as the second tech was a sciccor sweep were you had to put you right arm hook on your opponents left ankle and make a scissor sweep)

any ideas??

regards

lol, are you going for a sweep? or are you trying to set up for a sub?

@Rbagu3, well i thought tech 1 was for setting up a sub and if you couldn't get it sweep and then go for an armbar.

That's why i hope i am able to find this one on youtube, d. motion or any other video website. I think i will recognize the tech.

sounds like one of a dozen different techniques...

also possible to do the omaplata sweep and another one that I cant remember the name of where you grab the far leg.

Wouldn't it be great if this guy learned some crazy helicopter sweep, because he thinks he recognized the technique, drills the shit out of it and then hits it on a purple in the next session saying: "This is what we learned last week no? Now, how do I open a closed guard again?"

Unlikely but that would be gold.

@fordo, that was exactly the 3rd we (they) did.

@shanghaiBJJ, i guess i understand what you are saying whem i am not a newbie anymore :)

@hayliks, i realise that but i thought bringing your right hand to your opponent's right feet would narrow it down. And might hint you seasoned grapplers

so far thanks for thinking along

btw: lesson was with gi

@fordo, that was exactly the 3rd we (they) did.

@shanghaiBJJ, i guess i understand what you are saying whem i am not a newbie anymore :)

@hayliks, i realise that but i thought bringing your right hand to your opponent's right feet would narrow it down. And might hint you seasoned grapplers

so far thanks for thinking along

btw: lesson was with gi

It's all good :icon_chee

I just found this a funny thread, as it was rather unspecific.

Like asking: I grab his wrist in guard, what technique was that again lol...

1) It would be best to ask in class again. Hard for us to know what you have been shown exactly.

2) Sounds like you try to maintain the guard and go for an armbar, if his posture is still broken. The there are different sweep series for when the opponent is standing. Such as:

Double ankle grab sweep to Ankle block sweep to Reaping the grass sweep.

or

Handstand Sweep to Star Sweep

and so on.

As you can see, it is hard for us to know what you learned. Also everyone has different names for a lot of the sweeps.

I would highly recommend to ask what names are used at your gyms and jotting down notes immediately after training. Then feel free to youtube search it.

hence why it is only one of a dozen techniques not a hundred...

Did you mean you hooked the opponents leg and then armbarred? If so it's pretty cut and dry. I think for the sweep you might mean the Sickle Sweep but it was a pretty crude description.

Back