Help me choose Thai Pads

Myconfessions79

White Belt
Reaction score
So far I'm deciding between the Windy Standard Pads or the Fairtex Extra Thick pads. Opinions are appreciated.

I recently got the Fairtex Extra Thick pads from Boomer (check my sig), and they are f-ing sweet. Best thai pads I've ever owned. You can't go wrong with them.

I've never tried the Windy pads, so I can only recommend the Fairtex, but Windy makes great quality equipment, and they're a bit cheaper as well. Both are really good picks.

if you check the search function you will find plenty of opinions on thai pads.

My personal favorites are the Fairtex large, I do not think you need the extra thick, and I also like KO fightgear's thai pads.

Fairtex has the standard size and a longer one, i think that's what he's referring to.

Ah, that makes sense. I got confused because I was sure Fairtex didn't offer S, M, L type sizing for their thai pads. I knew they had Standard. Extra thick and Extra long, but nothing named Large.

I don't really like extra long pads (from any brand) because they seem to have less mobility and I don't really need the extra coverage. In the case of Fairtex Extra Thick, they're actually only slightly thicker than the standard pads of other brands. Fairtex Standard pads are known to be rather thin compared to other thai pads.

I like the Standard Fairtex pads myself. The Windy are good quality too but I have never trained with them. I also like the Combat Sports - Air Thai Pads They are about 1/3 of the weight as regular thai pads and are very thick. They seem to hold up well too.

based on ym experience: fairtex is great if you are the kicker, but not the holder. the impact tends to pierce through

my twins thai pads are great since both kicker and holder can enjoy doing pad work

I got throwdown curved pads, they're working fine for me. I'm at 205 and i hit a 155, he doesn't complain.

Check out American Stand up - I have no affiliation but I have some of their gear and it is the best I have found. They are kind of an underground company - they don't do a lot of advertising, but personally, in my opinion, they are about the best you can buy. google American Stand Up and you'll find them

Between your two choices I'd go with Fairtex. Don't the standard Windy's have a buckle? Hook & Loop FTW

I have the fairtex extra thick ones. So far so good. I kick like a mule and the holders haven't complained so far.

The quality will probably be the same, most pads made in Thailand usually are constructed pretty similar. I prefer pads with a buckle though.

based on ym experience: fairtex is great if you are the kicker, but not the holder. the impact tends to pierce through

my twins thai pads are great since both kicker and holder can enjoy doing pad work

Good to know.

Thanks.

Back