Help me choose my phone please!

Marbig

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Starting a new post-paid contract next month which means I get a new phone (phone comes with the contract). The phone models being offered by the company for my contract are:

HTC Windows Phone 8S

wp8s3viewsblue.jpg

Motarola DEFY Mini

298064,xcitefun-motorola-defy-mini-xt321-mobile-2.jpg

Sony Xperia Go

Sony-Xperia-go-1-xl.jpg

HTC Desire X
HTC-Desire-X-6-xl.jpg

HTC One SV
HTC-One-SV.jpg

Now obviously none of them are iphones/blueberries, but which is best out of the five?

Cheers.

Last edited:
I have Lumia 920 and I love it, used to have HTC Desire and loved that too. So out of those I would def pickup either HTC, it comes down to which OS you prefer.

I have Lumia 920 and I love it, used to have HTC Desire and loved that too. So out of those I would def pickup either HTC, it comes down to which OS you prefer.

I am switching out of a tank-like Nokia (the one that every grandmother uses) so I really don't know much about OS systems. I know them by name but I don't really know how they differ- care to enlighten me please?

Cheers.

I am switching out of a tank-like Nokia (the one that every grandmother uses) so I really don't know much about OS systems. I know them by name but I don't really know how they differ- care to enlighten me please?

Cheers.

Go to Youtube and check out some videos, there's like billions of them. I would link myself but it's a pain on the phone.

Shouldn't your first decision be which OS you want to live with?
Don't go by some random opinion on a forum. Search out some larger comparison articles if you don't have a chance to try them out yourself.

Cheers.

Can't give you direct advice, since I love my iPhone... but everyone I know that uses a HTC loves it.

well, lets see for real
HTC Windows Phone 8S: new model, 480 x 800 resolution screen, interesting OS, ok specs

Motarola DEFY Mini: 320 x 480 resolution small screen, slow CPU, crap camera, waterproof?

Sony: 320 x 480 screen kills this phone, other specs are fine and Sony has nice UI and quality camera (I own older sony/ericson Xperia and its very good)

other HTCs are quite similar average droids with fine specs 480 x 800 screens HTC One SV is bit better in all areas it seems
all HTCs have shit quality cameras

Id go for either HTC if you dont mind poor camera, unless you need a more compact phone that you wont use for internet much - then look at Sony.
Win8 I dont know much about, but its interesting to try.
Actually I would rather buy some better phone with better screen and quality 8+ mpix camera really.

Last edited:
Desire x or the windows phone 8

a co worker has a windows 8 phone and he seemed to like it. that is all i can offer you regarding the phones you listed.

if your provider decides to offer you an S3 i would go with that. it is just as user friendly as any other phone out there. if you are a tech guy the things you can customize with it are great too.

the HTC Windows Phone 8S is sexay & cheaper than its big bro 8x. get the 8s since OS wouldn't be an issue to you unless you're into modding.

2129126_o.gif

HTC One SV
Easy choice. In terms of hardware it's by far the superior phone to all the others, and the Windows OS sucks on smartphones right now.
Desire x or the windows phone 8
The only conceivable way in which one could argue the Desire X > One SV here is battery life. The battery in the One SV is bigger (1800mAh > 1650mAh), but the Desire has a slightly less powerful CPU, a smaller screen, and no LTE or 4G support. So it will almost certainly outlast the One SV.

Blackberry 10

I know you're joking but i think those bb10 phones look kinda interesting.

We'll have to wait until we see the final product but who knows, bberry might end up surprising us.

I don't think they have much of a chance though, even Microsoft with their billions of dollars in marketing are struggling.

Apple and Android are too far ahead at this point.

Back