sylva

White Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone here used either the Ultimate Combat Glove pictured below or the

FGV14_md.jpg

Thumbless NHB Fight glove

0208_md.gif

I

I prefer the bottom ones for fighting. The other ones feel kinda weird at first.

The bottom pair are used in actual fight promotions such as Cage Warriors. I've not seen any promotion use the top pair yet.

I have a pair myself of the bottom ones and they are great.

I have used similar gloves to the top pair without a thumb strap that were completely open palmed but didn't like them too much, the guy I was sparring with was able to get his fingers and thumb between the back of my hand and the glove which was not good.

I have the top and had the bottom. Because it does lack a thumb strap it's easier for a opponent to get his fingers between the glove and the bacl of your hand. This happens alot in the guard so it can be a hinderance. On the plus side the lack of a thumbstrap gives me better grip and the finger straps are better designed. With the bottom pair your fingers had a tendancy to come out of the loops especially when your opponent grabs onto them. The padding is practically the same on both being a little thin over the fingers. Either pair or even the red color ones will suit you fine, it al comes down to your preference in glove style.

Thumbless is the way to go, better for MMA training.

Hey Adino, you're a mod on Rampage's website arent you?

Neither of these pair have thumbs to them. One has a thumb strap and one doesn't buther neither have thumbs to them. What'sl all this talk of thumbless gloves in a thread where neither glove have thumbs on them?

These are the gloves with the thumb.
0207_md.gif

neither of the above pair have one on the glove.

I've never had any problems with the ones with the thumb strap. The only time my finger have came out of the loops have been when some fucking grabby noob has tried to tear my gloves off, which has generally led to me giving them a good solid shot with a hammer fist and telling them "you take off my gloves and that'll be twice as hard, stop fucking grabbing them". Generally that causes them to stop the bullshit.

Superbeast said:
I've never had any problems with the ones with the thumb strap. The only time my finger have came out of the loops have been when some fucking grabby noob has tried to tear my gloves off, which has generally led to me giving them a good solid shot with a hammer fist and telling them "you take off my gloves and that'll be twice as hard, stop fucking grabbing them". Generally that causes them to stop the bullshit.

haha, thats classic! I should say that sometime! too bad all mine dont have a strap :(

~Foz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back