Help in punches

Gelocoster

White Belt
Reaction score
...i dont need anymore help in kicking...my instructor told me he will help me with it..but now i need punches..i sux at punches..no technique,no strategy, no power,no speed..for short, no punches..so if someone could help me with how to make my punches faster,stronger and someone also help me find threads or videos about punches and their techniques, and also some help with the stepping..i am like..0% in boxing

...i dont need anymore help in kicking...my instructor told me he will help me with it..but now i need punches..i sux at punches..no technique,no strategy, no power,no speed..for short, no punches..so if someone could help me with how to make my punches faster,stronger and someone also help me find threads or videos about punches and their techniques, and also some help with the stepping..i am like..0% in boxing

so your telling us you have an instructor who can teach you how to kick, but he cant show you how to throw a punch........... if so, my first piece of advice would be FIND A NEW INSTRUCTOR:icon_conf

Are you in bad shape? Lift some weights to get stronger, and also just keep practicing your punches by hitting a heavy bag. And work on boxing drills so you get the footwork, head movement, and body power into the punch.

I made a thread that's somewhat relevant. Hopefully you don't just dismiss my information. I learned this from the boxing trainers at my boxing Gym.

This is what I've been taught:

(Orthodox) Jab:
1. Knees slightly bent.
2. Push off with your back foot.
3. step with your lead foot for more power while shifting most of your weight onto the lead foot.
4. Turn your hips slightly with the punch.
5. Throw the Jab, or Straight.
6. keep the back foot in the same position as a support. (for Balance)

You don't have to keep the back foot in the same place.

first of all
1-my instructor is TKD world champ. so baiscly..no punching
2- i am not in a bad shape..i am muscular somehow it's just my techniques are wrong
3-i cant go to TKD,Gym and boxing in the same time and NO we dont have any MMA gyms in egypt
4- for the last comment (thx XD)

As a TKD world champ he's got to have at least some
punching? Don't know if boxing-type punching will
work with tkd footwork and movement though to be honest.

Help-Me too-Hey, I live in Melbourne, Australia i am starting the move towards amatuer MMA competition, i have no experience, just joined a BJJ/Muay Thai Dojo my regieme will be as follows for the first 3 months.

Week 1-3 (Daily)
50 pushups upon waking and before bed
80 situps upon waking and before bed
10 minutes skipping
90 minute extreme stretching before bed (i stretch all the time no matter whats happening but dedicated time, i am very unflexible at 6,2" i cant get near a half lotus and this neds to change)
light bagwork daily
at least 3 litres of water.
Weekly
(3 times) BJJ
(twice a week) 20 minute run

Week 4-8
60 pushups upon waking and before bed
100 situps upon waking and before bed
Same fluid and stretching
Same skipping
10 minutes of Floor to Ceiling daily
move to 4 classes per week
25 minute runs 3 times per week

Week 9-13
25 minute run 4 times per week
75 pushups upon waking and before bed (150)
125 situps upon waking and before bed (250)
7 classes per week (5 BJJ 2 Muay Thai)
Same skipping, bagwork and Floor2ceiling workouts and additional fluid as needed
1 weights session per week (or kettlebell)

i am not really unfit but not conditioned, so average i suppose i wanna have my first fight (amatuer) 1 year from when this reigeme starts. (4 days of alcohol left)

the reason i am doing more BJJ is that i already have fast hands, and i dont want to get taken down and have the shit Gnp'ed outta me in my first fight so mainly gonna be guard work.

Please guys give me advise, is this practicle? a good base? any oversights? help a newbie!

Cheers for any help you can provide.

As a TKD world champ he's got to have at least some
punching? Don't know if boxing-type punching will
work with tkd footwork and movement though to be honest.

i dont expect much from someone have a rule that no punches in the head :/

Help-Me too-Hey, I live in Melbourne, Australia i am starting the move towards amatuer MMA competition, i have no experience, just joined a BJJ/Muay Thai Dojo my regieme will be as follows for the first 3 months.

Week 1-3 (Daily)
10 minutes skipping
90 minute extreme stretching before bed (i stretch all the time no matter whats happening but dedicated time, i am very unflexible at 6,2" i cant get near a half lotus and this neds to change)
light bagwork daily
Weekly
(3 times) BJJ

Week 4-8
Same skipping

Week 9-13
Same skipping, bagwork and Floor2ceiling workouts and additional fluid as needed

i am not really unfit but not conditioned, so average i suppose i wanna have my first fight (amatuer) 1 year from when this reigeme starts. (4 days of alcohol left)

the reason i am doing more BJJ is that i already have fast hands, and i dont want to get taken down and have the shit Gnp'ed outta me in my first fight so mainly gonna be guard work.

Please guys give me advise, is this practicle? a good base? any oversights? help a newbie!

no squats,no lunges,no deadlifts?...NO WEIGHTS?! and...i once heard that when u reach 50 reps easy you gotta change that exercise and go to the next level..for example now u can do 50 push ups...start doing push ups with claps

so your telling us you have an instructor who can teach you how to kick, but he cant show you how to throw a punch........... if so, my first piece of advice would be FIND A NEW INSTRUCTOR:icon_conf

I secound that. Great piece of advise. I wouldn't attempt to learn to box off of the internet.

Thanks man, i cant do 50 straight up would do either 2x 25 or 3x 17
but i was figuring the running and stuff would do the legs but ill rejig for the lifts.

Thanks for the help keep it coming

Week 1-3 (Daily)
10 minutes skipping
light bagwork daily
Weekly
(3 times) BJJ

Week 4-8
Same skipping

Week 9-13

hey hendo, im in melbourne too. Which gym you at? I can catch up for a train/spar if you like

Just signed up at Melbourne Martial Arts before that just trials here there n everywhere

Oh ok...

umm.. im not a big fan of Melbourne Martial arts and if you are serious about fighting, id stay well away.

They havent produced a fighter in years and i felt sorry for the ones they did produce.

if you've never trained before and just want to get fit and learn a basic or 2, then by all means train there.

If you want to fight, theres much better gyms around

Im an old Sityodtong boy but the gym closed a few weeks ago.

Have poppped in and out of Hangar 4 since but dont like it.

pm me if you want

*sorry for highjacking the thread*

no squats,no lunges,no deadlifts?...NO WEIGHTS?! and...i once heard that when u reach 50 reps easy you gotta change that exercise and go to the next level..for example now u can do 50 push ups...start doing push ups with claps

Stop "hearing" about things and just do it.

really? with della grotte? nice man look honestly i wanna get in proper shape for a month before any sparring but you are on my 'helpful friggin resources for down the track' list

Back