HELP: I need an NFL team to cheer for

DoctorDeelon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I always liked football but I never follow it because I never had a team, so there's no emotional investment. I'm Canadian so I don't have an affinity for any particular American city.

I don't want to be a bandwagon jumper and just like the best team in the league, but at the same time I don't want a team that's a league-wide joke or going through a rebuild. So preferably a middling team with a bright future, one on the rise.

One with a decent history, won Super Bowls in the past, has had legendary players, etc.

I always kinda rooted for the Oakland Raiders because Bo Jackson was the man when I was a kid, but I don't like how they're always moving the team.

MLB and NBA were easy because there's only one Canadian team.

Also need a college team to cheer for. I'm leaning towards Alabama because I like saying "roll tide" but I'm not too particular.

I always liked football but I never follow it because I never had a team, so there's no emotional investment. I'm Canadian so I don't have an affinity for any particular American city.

I don't want to be a bandwagon jumper and just like the best team in the league, but at the same time I don't want a team that's a league-wide joke or going through a rebuild. So preferably a middling team with a bright future, one on the rise.

One with a decent history, won Super Bowls in the past, has had legendary players, etc.

I always kinda rooted for the Oakland Raiders because Bo Jackson was the man when I was a kid, but I don't like how they're always moving the team.

Also need a college team to cheer for. I'm leaning towards Alabama because I like saying "roll tide" but I'm not too particular.

In the NFL whose good and bad changes rapidy picking a team based on performance can very quickly backfire. Sometimes bright futures don't materialize.

You should probably stick with the Raiders. They got Gruden an exciting coach who is part of why the Bucs are one of my 3 favorite teams(Waller might be a HOF TE). Also they are the poorest team(by far) as the Davis's made all their money in football as opposed to other industrys so you can convince yourself you're rooting for the little guy without there being a real disadvantage to that as the NFL has a hard cap. Raiders also do have a fascinating history. 3 superbowls, 2 1 loss regular seasons, a lot of what if moments.

A lot of people root for teams cause they're rooting for the players or cause they were the first team they ever saw play etc etc stuff like that. Even in soccer the future king of the UK literally picked his team because he wanted to be different. Those sort of reasons are just as valid as locality. You shouldn't let the city thing bother you if you aren't from said city. 1 of my 3 favorite teams switched cities in far more horrid fashion(the Chargers). The Raiders had far more logical reasons to relocate than the Chargers did as the Oakland stadium was the worst in pro sports and cause Vegas was a new sports market where their only competition would be hockey.

Don't do the Alabama thing though unless you're from Alabama you'll get called a bandwagoner and you can't really blame the people doing it. Alabama is going through the most dominant periods in the history of the sport and at the time you made this thread are number 1 in the country.

Last edited:
Don't do the Alabama thing though unless you're from Alabama you'll get called a bandwagoner and you can't really blame the people doing it. Alabama is going through the most dominant periods in the history of the sport and at the time you made this thread are number 1 in the country.

Damn. What about the Auburn Tigers? If I stick with the Raiders and adopt the Tigers, I'd be staying loyal to Bo

Damn. What about the Auburn Tigers? If I stick with the Raiders and adopt the Tigers, I'd be staying loyal to Bo

Good a reason as any I guess. Also had that crazy year where IMO Cam became the college football GOAT.

Well, since Buffalo is right across the border from Ontario & the Bills are the only team that used to play one of their home games in Canada ( they played at Roger's Stadium in TO for four or five years ), I think that makes them Canada's NFL team. And they have a good chance of going to the Super Bowl this year. So, I think you should adopt them as your team.

Buffalo Bills are basically a Canadian team and they’re good now

Dallas Cowboys or San Francisco 49ers

Tons of legendary players and Championships just nothing lately.

Yes, people will call you a bandwagoner but you’re welcome to join us, my friend

v39zDWm.jpg

Are you a hockey fan?

If you like the Leafs then the Dallas Cowboys would be a fitting choice for example.

The Buffalo Bills of course, they even play in Toronto some. Plus they're actually good the past few years with a bright future for the foreseeable future.

Back