Hell yeah another Mexican is champ!!!

Wish the UFC would do more shows in Mexico. Every time I've ever watched an event in Mexico at an establishment its a big deal. They are usually full. People will stop and watch in the streets. Some friends that live there say all there friends are huge fans of the UFC. You see advertising all around for the events.

I'm assuming they don't do more shows there simply because they can't get a media deal to there liking as far as money goes. So they hold that over them hoping the fans clamor enough to get the outlets to pay more. Same could be said about the NFL. Always talking about wanting a team in London with all the logistic nightmares, yet right next door you have Mexico who many citizens there love the NFL and the logistics would be 1% of what they are for London.
That's cool to hear. Maybe the UFC should make the fighters wear masks during Mexican events. I think Lucha is more serious than bouts like Hardy vs Corwder.

He is American.
He is already champ.
Who cares were he is from.

mexican?

doesn't look like the men in my avatar to me.

Cain vs Cejudo for the new UFC Mexican belt.

No no no no no as long as cejudo is the champ he is full red blooded American. U gotta wait till he takes an L for us to give him back to Mexico.

Another Mexican? I'm pretty sure he's an American born in LA, nice try though.
rs-217271-GettyImages-477255666.jpg

henry-cejudo-poses-for-a-post-fight-portrait-backstage-during-the-ufc-picture-id477255650

Cejudo is American if he wins but he'd have been Mexican if he lost.
Lol, yeah. If they do something good they are American. If they do something bad they are Mexican.

To most of Mexico he ain't Mexican and to a good portion of the US he is just another second class brown american citizen. As a Mexican American myself I am happy that he won and I feel that is natural for many of us to find pride in someone winning that we may partially identify with. I'm also just glad that he seems like a decent human being no matter where he is from.

He was already the champ you fucking casual

As a russian/hungarian/french/lithuanian I can say I am proud of this Mexican champ!

Nah, he’s an american

Back