Height advantage in weight classes where theres power is.....

Espresso

Post USADA
@Silver
Reaction score
Not as big of an advantage as people make it out to be.

155 is full of dudes with tons of power, and it only gets worst from there up.

135 and 145 seem like the most viable divisions to have height advantage

a substantial reach advantage like Jones has works, if you know how to use it and it has to be pretty significant.

I think it comes down to fighters with reach that know how to use it well. Not every fighter with a height advantage uses it to their advantage.I think height matters especially when someone like Jon Jones has it.

I think it comes down to fighters with reach that know how to use it well. Not every fighter with a height advantage uses it to their advantage.I think height matters especially when someone like Jon Jones has it.
I agree. I think one of Stipe's biggest weaknesses if distance management, hence his loss to DC and Stuve.... He kept closing in on DC, instead of maintaining distance.

Till had the same reach as Woodley. You need to be able to control distance to use that reach advantage. Till was sloppy as hell. Really disappointing after the hype. He should have low kicked to the inside let to set up his striking.

Seems like shorter guys have beaten their taller opponents lately: DC v Stipe, Gaethje v Vick and Woodley Till

110484831.jpg

Back