Hector Lombard

CJ21

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Who else thinks this guy looked amazing tonight. He looked like the animal that was in bellator. His first fight was a fluke. I wanna see him and silva fight. He could give silva problems. His hands are almost if not as fast as belforts and he has way more power and he's more aggressive. Silva seems to have problems with fighters who constantly press forward. I wanna see him and bisping too cuz they don't like each other. I hope the UFC keeps Lombard active.

War hector "iron mike" Lombard!!!!

You still dont understand that no matter how good someone else looks, they will look like an amateur against Silva. I bet even Bisping would beat Lombard. Control the range, frusterate him and pepper him with medium powered shots.

I foresee the UFC matching him up with Cung Le next

If Lombard fought like that against Boetsch he would have won

He looked impressive, He was a Champion in Bellator for a reason. One more win like that and should get a shot at the belt.

This fight went exactly the way I expected it to. It was almost a gimme fight for Lombard, really. For that matter, so was the Boetsch fight, but he blew that one because he had bad UFC jitters (I guess). I'm not sold on Lombard yet. He's certainly got the athleticism, but I'm afraid he's the type to rely on physical gifts somewhat to the detriment of technique. He's kind of like a middleweight Melvin Guillard in that way. Anyway, that's my impression. Didn't really follow him in Bellator. I believe Bisping's footwork and precision would give him a lot of trouble.

Lombard Silva has to happen now, there's no chance that fights goin to the ground.

palhares doesnt have the best striking. This was a gimme for lombard

no such thing as a fluke in mma

boetsch is a bad matchup for lmbard and lombard would loose to him again if they fought

palhares doesnt have the best striking. This was a gimme for lombard

I totally agree that stylistically was a gift, especially since Palhares' attitude anymore seems to be "fuck it" when his opponent doesn't fold right away

You still dont understand that no matter how good someone else looks, they will look like an amateur against Silva. I bet even Bisping would beat Lombard. Control the range, frusterate him and pepper him with medium powered shots.

I think Bisping would take him. But he definitely looked better tonight.

no such thing as a fluke in mma

boetsch is a bad matchup for lmbard and lombard would loose to him again if they fought

how do you figure boetsch is a bad match up for lombard based on that last fight? nothing happened...theres no evidence to support this based off how that fight went...neither men did shit and you could make a case for lombard still winning that fight...i do recall him knocking tim down once...imagine if lombard showed the same aggression he did 2night...who knows what happens but you cant make that statement when you have nothing to do by...

Lombard is listed at 5'8", but he's 5'6" on his tip toes. Still, he's a damned good and exciting fighter. I'd even go so far as to say he's above the 60th percentile of UFC middleweights. The problem Hector would have in a potential fight against Silva is that the latter has an uncanny, even preternatural, ability to exploit all the holes in his opponents' games. They say styles make fights. I say styles make fights, EXCEPT if one of the fighters is Anderson Silva.

The Spider would make Lombard look like he's been doing MMA for three weeks. Outside the Bonner fight, this would be Anderson's easiest title defense in a good while.

Feed Weidman to him. Let's see if either deserve a shot against Anderson.

Back