Hector Lombard vs Stephen Thompson. Who would you pick?

Chuck Rock

Blue Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Lombard is Hendricks with heavier, faster and more accurate hands. I think he'd be a much tougher fight for Thompson.

I'd pick Lombard.

What about that fight made you think a superior version of Hendricks would win? He had no success with anything.

Thompson in the octagon, usada outside of it.

With new and stricter testing?

Wonderboy via same thing he did to Hendricks.

Lombard's got Judo takedowns. He'd have more trouble closing the distance than Hendricks did. Thompson/Lombard would resemble Rousey/Holm more than Thompson/Hendricks did. Wonderboy by KO

edit: to be fair, obviously Lombard has the power to knock almost anyone out. But all that'd mean is a puncher's chance. Thompson would keep the distance and outstrike him on the feet.

Lombard gets knocked out, T-Rex arms won't land a single shot.

They both throw heavy leather, but Lombard plays a different game than Hendricks. He's a lot quicker than Hendricks, and if he wants to take you down, he's not shooting for your legs. Thompson has made a statement that he's a major player at WW. I would love to see this fight as well several others.

Lombard is Hendricks with heavier, faster and more accurate hands. I think he'd be a much tougher fight for Thompson.

I'd pick Lombard.
Lombard and Hendricks fight almost nothing alike... do you even watch MMA....?

Wonderboy.

Lombard gets sloppy at times and throws wild with no setups at all. But when he is using head movement, parrying and comboing he can be a disasterous force.

I still have Wonderboy though, Lombard can't cut the distance and he'll be getting picked a part trying too.

Lombard has an even greater challenge with reach. He's an inside fighter that bullies his opponents. Stephen picks him apart from range without much difficulty. Lombard is a good fighter, but I'd have an easy time confidently picking against him in this fight.

Thompson Murk's Lombard.
Lombard is overrated AF

Lol. Lombard wouldn't get KO'd nor is he overrated. I'd go with lombard.

I have to go with Wonderboy. Wonderboy has been looking good and has momentum while Lombard is coming back from a layoff and presumably clean.

I'd pick Lombard, but I wouldn't be surprised either way.

I'd pick Lombard, but who knows what he'll look like after getting popped.

Lombard struggled with Burkman in his last fight, and that was before he got busted for roids.

Lombard doesn't even deserve to be in the cage with wonder boy. if he did he would get annihilated. Hendricks would ko lombard.

Wonderboy for sure. Hell, even Magny is going to beat Lombard. I plan on putting money down on Magny as well.

Back