Heavybag Workout Question

OldVet61

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey guys! Sometimes when I finish working out on the heavybag my left hand kind of shakes and trembles. I have had this problem for along time I don't have any pain or anything but this continues to happen does anyone know what this could be and if its normal? I am using hand wraps and bag gloves also BTW.

I know you will hear the same thing over an over, but go see a dotor. You only have one left wrist for the rest of your life. And you sure as fuck want to continue boxing. It has never happened to me, so I cannot offer any advice. I am assuming you are concentrating on technique?

I have no pain at all and I never get this when working the focus mitts or thai pads.

Sounds like it might be impact-oriented nerve damage. But Brandinho is right. A Sports Medicine Physican I think would be ideal.

yeah, get to the doctor right away before it gives you serious trouble

when hand are really tired they start to shake as wel
do you also have this problem if you hit pads verry intensly or is it only on the bag?

Just because it doesn't hurt now, doesn't mean it may not being doing long term damage.

Best to see the doctor and get it checked out. If it's nothing then you have the comfort of knowing it's nothing.

That happens to me sometimes after a really hard workout, but on both hands. Try drinking Gatorade or something like that and see what happens. You may just be overworking yourself.

Going to see your doctor can't hurt though...

Do you wrap your wrists properly?

Does sound like some sort of stress/impact thing to me...id go see a doctor....better to waist his time over nothing than screw your wrist up forever

ballie said:
when hand are really tired they start to shake as wel
do you also have this problem if you hit pads verry intensly or is it only on the bag?
It only is noticeable to me when I hit the heavybag. I have been wrapping my wrists properly but I have no idea why it happens. Anyways I'm going to go to the doctor and check it out. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yup..happens to me when im punching hard and fast,,muscles in my hands and forearms get tired but if their noticeably trembling..better safe then sorry!

Back