Heavy Bag Noise from 3rd floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad Hamilton

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
I recently moved into a 3rd floor apt.

My question is would a free standing bag piss people off underneath me.

I've only owned hanging bags but those wont work for the amount of space I have...due to having to buy a stand.

Should I buy a free standing bag?

yes of course! the constant foot movement would drive your neighbors nuts!

They are gonna bitch man. You gotta back yard where your staying? Maybe put it in the basement, get a mat and just work out down there.

I bet it would make quite a bit of noise especially if you're going hard with it...

Dude, fuck 'em. Especially if at some point you're gonna go Pro. I used to have my 150lbs bag in my car-port when I lived in Virginia. Problem was the entire thing was made of aluminum (car-port that is) and at the time I was REALLY into "Iron Palm" training, and had a bad habit of going out to hit the bag at like 2am. This kept me from killing silly-ass roommates. But anyhow, I lived in a REALLY ghetto neighborhood at the time and at-first people were kind of pissy with me about how much and how loud I was hitting the bag. But, they were also scared shitless of me because of it. They knew I was a fighter and that that's just what I did, so after a while I just became like the neighborhood novelty. Now that I do six rounds of heavybag work at 8am, shake my house when I hit it, and blast Death Metal the whole time, even in this more ritzy neighborhood I live in now no one says a damn thing.

I'm not saying be a prick about it. But if they know you're a nice guy and that you take the shit seriously, they'll deal with it.

i live in an apartment with a bunch of college dicks that always play rap, ijoke about getting a bag to pissthem off. if youre a nice person i wouldnt doit, but if youdont care then go for it,but i wouldnt

King Kabuki said:
Dude, fuck 'em. Especially if at some point you're gonna go Pro. I used to have my 150lbs bag in my car-port when I lived in Virginia. Problem was the entire thing was made of aluminum (car-port that is) and at the time I was REALLY into "Iron Palm" training, and had a bad habit of going out to hit the bag at like 2am. This kept me from killing silly-ass roommates. But anyhow, I lived in a REALLY ghetto neighborhood at the time and at-first people were kind of pissy with me about how much and how loud I was hitting the bag. But, they were also scared shitless of me because of it. They knew I was a fighter and that that's just what I did, so after a while I just became like the neighborhood novelty. Now that I do six rounds of heavybag work at 8am, shake my house when I hit it, and blast Death Metal the whole time, even in this more ritzy neighborhood I live in now no one says a damn thing.

I'm not saying be a prick about it. But if they know you're a nice guy and that you take the shit seriously, they'll deal with it.

LoL I wonder why they haven't thought to call the cops. If it was that annoying I would assume someone would file a noise complaint.

You didn't catch the part about being afraid. Cops gotta leave sometime.

lol You gonna go beat all of them up? How would you know which one called too. Now Kabuki, you be Neighborly, ya hear :) Play nice lol

If they call the cops and interrupt my training, thus negating my ability to substanciate a living, they deserve the beatings. The one nearest the phone gets it first.

King Kabuki said:
If they call the cops and interrupt my training, thus negating my ability to substanciate a living, they deserve the beatings. The one nearest the phone gets it first.

i hope youre joking, if not youre an idiot

i hope youre joking, if not youre an idiot

I hope you're not trolling me, if so you're history.

I'm a Moderator dumbass, it's my job to go around here, post warnings, and keep this place free of stupidity.

Speaking of which, you didn't just say that...and bing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back