Media Heartbreaking clip of Pavlovich & Volkov's friendship being ruined

Where is there any indication they were friends before this fight? I get the impression they were former training partners but not friends.

UFC is a fuckin shithole for business scenarios, but nobody fuckin "tricked" these guys.
They signed on the dotted line knowing who'd they'd face.

I'll never understand the whole "I won't fight my friend" part of all of this.
You literally fight for a living.

friendship-photo.jpg
38f323502c349e47e07f7fb3cf6c95a3.jpg
Two-Friends.png

Ours is stronger than your sweet buns sir lol.

I don't quite get why each fighter is accusing the other of accepting the fight. Seems like accepting a fight is a good thing? They're both "YOU accepted the fight" when normally fighters are like "YOU tried to back out of the fight!"
Because both of them said they'd rather not fight but then the UFC told them both "hey this other guy already signed to fight you" and made them agree.

They both got fucked over and got pissed at each other instead of the people that actually did it.

Pavlovich shouldn't have accepted the fight. That's where it all went wrong.

Lmaolll meanwhile #PowerSlap competitors scrap wif their friends all di tayum different kind of hespect 👋🏽💥

Future SHW champ Danie Van Heerden got married den next day scrapped wif his best man even did thumb wars di same night no hard feelz

Pretty salt. I wasn't there, but it seemed like Volkov was the one who didn't want the fight more than Pavlovich, and was the one pumping up Pavlovich and saying how awesome Sergei was and how he won every round when they sparred.

You know damn well that if Sergei had won, he would have been the one to try to "bury the hatchet", but he lost and now acts like he was betrayed.
I think all this pumping up is his sense of humour, like his words that he is afraid of Chimaev. I think he also either posted on social media or said in Russian interview that all of a sudden when he wins his opponent transforms into can/old fart/past his prime (I think it’s opinion that Russian people often posts on his social media, that he only can win against cans, old guys and past their prime fighters).

Pav is a shithead unless theres a level we dont know about here.

UFC is a fuckin shithole for business scenarios, but nobody fuckin "tricked" these guys.
They signed on the dotted line knowing who'd they'd face.

I'll never understand the whole "I won't fight my friend" part of all of this.
You literally fight for a living.

i felt the same about the Klitschko brothers when they were both active champions. they won't fight each other because they're brothers? wtf? that's EXACTLY what brothers do... what's more irritating is that they don't try to avoid the inevitability of it by fighting in different weight classes, they just literally fight in the same weight class yet refuse. like DC and Cain were buddies too but DC made the correct decision of going to LHW. i can accept things like that, where you're avoiding the fight at all costs, but not i'm #1 and you're #2 in the same weight but refuse to fight each other, that's fuckin stupid.

and yes i would fight any of my brothers if they were in my weight class and signed up for it. i fight them for free my entire life, now it's time to get paid lmao

I believe Pavlovich did that push because he was frustrated, you could in his eyes it was pure frustration. He just couldn't land much at all and was getting frustrated, I even said in during the corner break at round 2 that he looks really frustrated and is too slow and flat footed too land anything of note.

Obviously Pavlovich has big power, but he is a bit slow, I think he might lose against Gane if they fight because Gane is quite fast for HW and he is agile and not flat footed.

I think he should lose some weight, he was over 260 the last few fights against Tom and Volkov, and to me he just looks sluggish, he was only around 245 when he first came to UFC

I believe Pavlovich did that push because he was frustrated, you could in his eyes it was pure frustration. He just couldn't land much at all and was getting frustrated, I even said in during the corner break at round 2 that he looks really frustrated and is too slow and flat footed too land anything of note.

Obviously Pavlovich has big power, but he is a bit slow, I think he might lose against Gane if they fight because Gane is quite fast for HW and he is agile and not flat footed.

I think he should lose some weight, he was over 260 the last few fights against Tom and Volkov, and to me he just looks sluggish, he was only around 245 when he first came to UFC
Yeah man, Gane whoops Pavlovich imo. I thought that before yesterday and now I really believe so. I also thought Volkov could win against Pavlovich if he got outta the 1st rd. Volkov did better than I even thought he was gonna do. The dude didn't even have a scratch on him, meanwhile Pavlovich's face looked like hamburger meat. You could even say that was Volkov's best performance to date.

Last edited:
strange, gatti and ward became best friends after their 3 wars.

wars can make enemies friends, but make friends enemies i guess.

I wouldn't assume that one brief interaction at an exceptionally stressful moment following an intense fist fight is absolutely indicative of how they will relate to eachother for the rest of their lives.

Once the fight or flight response dies down and everybody settles back into life they will either let it go or they won't.

Pavlovich fought for a title his last time out and went into that fight with 7 straight KO wins, now he has suffered 2 very tough back to back defeats.

Dude just got his ass kicked.
He could have handled that better but maybe cut the dude some slack.

Back