Hearn : "Wilder wil have a contract to sign by the end of the week" - the saga continues

That is the illusion when you have a lhw 39 year old considered a super fight vs the heavy weight .

If you only have 10 people in your roster , the best fight the best is just an illusion
The business model of boxing is better suited where co promotion exist

Need we remind us of Fedor vs Randy?
Randy Fedor u got a point but that was over a decade ago when there was another legit promotion. ...... Bellator is not even close to Pride level. And DC while light hw champ won a hw grand prix an is un beaten at hw an un beaten period against clean fighters. Yeah dc is old but squashed his last fight against #2 ranked guy. Again what point are u making?

Boxing by all means has better talent but their business model sucks ass for fans ........ tho it's great for fighters.

Boxing is fighters first. Ufc is fans first ........ which is why UFC does more ppvs and better ppvs buys for most part.

I love to watch boxing an a good boxing match is better than a good mma fight imo but there just isn't many big boxing fights made.

If this article is true then AJ is a duck to highest level.

AJ says 50 mil an I will sign then he backs off and says only in UK ....... then send s a low ball offer an Wilder still says fine..... date given by aj is same as Canelo ggg fight which is an obvious joke , then wba says 24 hours until aj stripped if he doesn't fight povetkin. AJ is straight of getti g KTFO. Did Oscar start rep ping AJ?

Thus is why I like the UFC more than boxing. The best fight the best an in their primes. Don't get me wrong the better talent is in boxing of course but damn this dumbass back n forth with promoters is so nauseating. If boxing worked under ufc we would have this fight , Spence v Crawford , etc. So many great boxing matches that could be made aren't just sad as it's a great sport.
If Boxing was under the UFC there wouldnt be many great fights because guys cant make weight, pass drug tests, or stay healthy.

This is fucking pathetic lol. AJ officially ducked.

Then they said, ‘what do we do now?’ Let’s send them a contract. Except, the contract doesn’t have when the fight will be or where it will be. But today I get a letter saying; ‘We’re not going to fight you next, but we’ll fight you the fight after that...and it will be April 13th at Wembley Stadium. So basically, he can tell me next year, but he can’t tell me a date for this year.”

Addressing ‘comments’ Hearn stated could have made a difference to ongoing talks, Finkel added: “I never said to Eddie Hearn I would be sending back comments, I wrote to him saying I’m sending back the contract. And he knows the contract would have been signed.

“That’s why today, and all of a sudden, the WBA have turned around and given 24 hours.”

Joshua said on TV ‘that I will fight him next’ – he’s not fighting us next. He also said; ‘I swear if he offers me $50m I’ll take the fight tomorrow’. Well, got him the $50m and he still didn’t take it,” pointed out Finkel.

“In fact, they send us an offer which is a flat-fee of $15m with a rematch clause, which we accepted, and then a date of September 15th at Wembley – which they knew was the date for Canelo. So, they never had the intention of doing it. How can you go the same day as Canelo?

They are fighting Povetkin on a later date now so why couldn’t they offer that date to us?

“I asked them on Sunday what date and what venue and they wouldn’t tell us, because they never wanted to do this fight.”

“I know they can’t come out and say ‘we don’t want the fight, he dangerous’ - but they are saying they want it and then putting up every barrier they can to stop it,” he added.

Im not even arsed, Joshua v Povetkin is a big fight and it will be interesting to see how it pans out, if Joshua wins, then Wilder has even less clout to dictate anything

Wilder fans are blind to the fact that Joshua is the big draw at this point, and have turned into trolls

I Actually think that Wilder can cause a lot of problems for Joshua, but not if he is being a fucking diva and a fight with Povetkin will make the same amount of £££ for Joshua without the stupid demands of WIlder and his team.

Joshua v Povetkin = Tough fight
Joshua v Wilder = Tough fight

But when it is 10x easier to make the Povetkin fight and it will earn Joshua and his team the same amount of Money(plus some), then it is a no brainer really

I dont know why Wilder didnt just accept terms and knock him out, then he would not only hold all the belts and be able to talk silly money, but probably be the biggest star in boxing right now......

Oh wait.....

Okay so basically some cunt (or cunts) is telling porkies.

Im not even arsed, Joshua v Povetkin is a big fight and it will be interesting to see how it pans out, if Joshua wins, then Wilder has even less clout to dictate anything

Wilder fans are blind to the fact that Joshua is the big draw at this point, and have turned into trolls

I Actually think that Wilder can cause a lot of problems for Joshua, but not if he is being a fucking diva and a fight with Povetkin will make the same amount of £££ for Joshua without the stupid demands of WIlder and his team.

But when it is 10x easier to make the Povetkin fight and it will earn Joshua and his team the same amount of Money(plus some), then it is a no brainer really

I dont know why Wilder didnt just accept terms and knock him out, then he would not only hold all the belts and be able to talk silly money, but probably be the biggest star in boxing right now......

Oh wait.....
Didnt realize Povetkin was offering $50 million.

And the Canelo date?

Or I guess thats me trolling?

Didnt realize Povetkin was offering $50 million.

And the Canelo date?

Or I guess thats me trolling?

Povetkin isnt offering anything other than a fucking tough as nails fight, if Joshua wants to fight in the UK, him being the holder of all but one of the belts entitles him to dictate terms, regardless of promises of $50m fight from Wilder

And on that $50m offer, the same sort of vague stipulations were no doubt put into both the $50m offer and the counter offer from Hearn, so both of them wanted to know more about what was being offered...and that is why we are at this point

I've seen so many bigger fights than this not happen in my lifetime, boxing just moves on, and it ends up being one of those "what ifs"

Povetkin isnt offering anything other than a fucking tough as nails fight, if Joshua wants to fight in the UK, him being the holder of all but one of the belts entitles him to dictate terms, regardless of promises of $50m fight from Wilder

And on that $50m offer, the same sort of vague stipulations were no doubt put into both the $50m offer and the counter offer from Hearn, so both of them wanted to know more about what was being offered...and that is why we are at this point

I've seen so many bigger fights than this not happen in my lifetime, boxing just moves on, and it ends up being one of those "what ifs"
So then you saying Povetkin is the same amount of $ as the Wilder fight is not true, correct?

Hearn said the $50 mil was legit, why should we take your word that it was not?

Agreed on the last part, but lets not try to claim fans are trolling about the bullshit being pulled here. Bullshit is exactly what it is. If AJ/Hearn offer some detail to the contrary Ill happily rethink my opinion. But, they agreed to the money, they agreed to the UK. That Canelo date offer is absolute BS.

So then you saying Povetkin is the same amount of $ as the Wilder fight is not true, correct?

Hearn said the $50 mil was legit, why should we take your word that it was not?

Agreed on the last part, but lets not try to claim fans are trolling about the bullshit being pulled here. Bullshit is exactly what it is. If AJ/Hearn offer some detail to the contrary Ill happily rethink my opinion. But, they agreed to the money, they agreed to the UK. That Canelo date offer is absolute BS that they knew wouldnt be accepted.

Hang on, you are now starting to flip-flop on Hearn being an absolute cunt and liar(which i kind of agree with), to taking his word as gospel?

I dont want to insult anyones intelligence here, but do you know how contracts and negotiations work?

And just on top of that, you have to put in the bullshit that is social media, that people seem to actually believe these days is gospel

Hang on, you are now starting to flip-flop on Hearn being an absolute cunt and liar(which i kind of agree with), to taking his word as gospel?

I dont want to insult anyones intelligence here, but do you know how contracts and negotiations work?

And just on top of that, you have to put in the bullshit that is social media, that people seem to actually believe these days is gospel
You realize youre doing the same thing?

“Wilder fans are just trolling”. What are you basing your opinion off of? The same shit the rest of us are.

Oh wait.....
So Wilder giving into basically all of AJ's demands was making it difficult ? You think it's just as big a money fight vs Povetkin? <SelenaWow>

AJ DUCKED plain an simple - He n Hearn felt Wilder was too dangerous a fight to risk the money machine keeping on rolling.

So Wilder giving into basically all of AJ's demands was making it difficult ? You think it's just as big a money fight vs Povetkin? <SelenaWow>

AJ DUCKED plain an simple - He n Hearn felt Wilder was too dangerous a fight to risk the money machine keeping on rolling.
Wilder was the one sitting on an actual contract for a whole week

A contract with no date , no venue , and Wilder still said he would have the signed contract by friday........ The guy offered the money AJ asked for then goal posts moved and they said well...... only in UK and sent a lo ball offer and Wilder still agreed , then they send an offer with no date or venue on it - likely only reason they sat on it for a little was trying to find out a date for fight as he agreed to money.

I got to think after AJ team knew that Wilder was just going to accept anything they got the WBA to step in an demand a contract in 24 hrs with who AJ wanted n a much safer fight.

One of the worst blatant ducks I have seen in boxing

Jesus Christ, Hearn should have come clean from the get go. You want AJ to make an easier pay day or two first? Fine man, but stop with the high school girl cock tease bit if you don’t have the stones to back up your bullshit.

Nobody else thinks either of these guys could drop their next contest? They aren't exactly free of some holes in their game. Anything could happen. I'd still want to see AJ/Wilder, but it would lose luster and likely PPV buys, no?

Care to explain the venue/Canelo date?

Why can Povetkin get a date when Canelo isnt fighting but Wilder doesnt? I wonder.

AJ vs Wilder off- my reaction

giphy.gif

Back