Heard loud popping/ other noises when getting armbar'd today.

ShreddinMMA

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
MY arm feels fine, just a bit tender. I think it was just hyper-extended a bit. But it scared the shit out of me.

Has this happened to anyone else? I've been put in an armbar 10000 times, this has never happened though.

Yeah this has happened over the years.

Some times you may pull some tendons without properly popping them. In most cases, elbows heal fine on their own. Your arm will be tender or in slight pain for a while and it usually clears up in a month or 2 tops.

Just be careful and tap sooner aye? ;D

MY arm feels fine, just a bit tender. I think it was just hyper-extended a bit. But it scared the shit out of me.

Has this happened to anyone else? I've been put in an armbar 10000 times, this has never happened though.

Hmm maybe aliens?

happened to me took over a month to heal

Happened to me too on a kimura. I went to see a doctor, my arm was a bit swollen, but not by much, and she just told me to put some ice regularly get the arm supported for a while and just wait. Avoid any strenght training during that period. I some pain, and lost fexibility for a few days and it took me about 3 weeks to be able to do any strength training other than that it healed up fine.

That was a year ago, my arm popped once since then, just a little bit. I'm afraid the elbow is a bit more fragile now, but again, I could train after about a week.

Last edited:
It's probably the HIV.

Seriously though, tap sooner. If the arm is extended, you shouldn't even be waiting for it to lock fully before you tap. It's training, not a UFC title fight.

And if it's because your partner hit it too fast or too hard, ask him to give you a chance to tap. That's a good way to rob yourself of great training partners, either by getting them injured or teaching them to avoid you out of fear of being injured.

Man, you guys need to tap before that shit happens. I know sometimes accidents happen and you may roll into it, but if your training partner has it, they have it. No need to fight it. Its good to tap and restart, instead of taking damage.

Thanks for the info.

And I usually tap soon enough. It's just I have very flexible arms so I've always been able to fight out of the position I was in. the guy I was rolling with was a lot bigger than usual though and it caught me off guard.

as long as it's not very swollen and you can move it without trouble, you should be fine

If you can move it a few hours after it happened you're fine. I got my elbow disloacted in an armbar and right after it happened I thought it was fine and was going to go to muay thai as it didn't hurt at all. Thankfully I decided to call it a day and within half an hour I couldn't move it at all without severe pain. So take it easy for a while and make sure it's healed.

Thanks for the info.

And I usually tap soon enough. It's just I have very flexible arms so I've always been able to fight out of the position I was in. the guy I was rolling with was a lot bigger than usual though and it caught me off guard.

See this is a mistake. Just tap. there is a kid at my school who is always out because he "is flexible" and never taps. Needless to say he injured his elbows because he was always fighting it. Now if you were in a comp then fight it to the end. In class just tap if your training partner has it. You know when they have it.

See this is a mistake. Just tap. there is a kid at my school who is always out because he "is flexible" and never taps. Needless to say he injured his elbows because he was always fighting it. Now if you were in a comp then fight it to the end. In class just tap if your training partner has it. You know when they have it.

Yeah. This is keeping me out of boxing class for at least a week so I don't plan to fight limb submissions much anymore in practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back