healthy diets

Well I am still perfecting it but this is my MMA vacation diet (took three weeks off work to train for a fight)

BK : Vital cereal with Soy Milk, two pieces of fruit, protein shake 2 scoops whey with orange juice

Lunch - whole wheat bun, turkey (low fat), Swiss chees, 2 fruits, protein shake

Supper - chicken/or fish with a large salad and of course a protein shake

I am going add some complex carbs i.e. cup of whole wheat pasta a day) to reduce protein cannibalization and have started having one huge veggie/fruit shake a day as weill (250 ML EACH of pure orange , carrot, V8, and berry juice).

RATHER THAN START MY OWN THREAD CAN READERS TELL ME IF I AM TRAINING HARD DO I NEED THE PASTA OR WILL I GET ENUF COMPLEX CARBS FROM THE VEGGIE JUICE, WHOLE WHEAT BREAD, ETC THANKS

Soy milk is a great source of protien and stays good for a long time. Diet is very subjective so you have to kind of find out what you like and whats healthy and how to make it work. A few items from my list.
1)trail mix-nutz, dried fruits, rasins-I can stay out in the field indefinitely with a good trail mix,a small handful= a meal
2)lemon-pepper chicken cooked in Extra virgin olive oil
3)grape nuts cereal-i add it to the chicken sometimes-I'm with ganderson,i eat some complex carbs cause it makes sense so the body can use the protien for muscle growth
4)As a meal replacement-concentrated milk...i make it quadruple or qunitiple strength...it mixes well with water, and has lots of protien,i'm broke currently so this is a great cheap protein source,i buy like 5 10lbs. boxes at once.
5)frozen vegetables-I think its a myth that frozen vegetables lack nutrients...when i buy fresh they usually go bad before i consume them
6)beans-i soak em overnight in a huge container,cook'em the next day, then store 'em in the fridge, and throw some in with the chicken i'm cooking;great source of protien and fiber.
I eat every couple of hours. I find that late in the day if i've eaten small meals i have energy, but if i haven't been eating frequently i get tired after work, so eating consistently is important.
Adding new things and trying new things is very important. Don't want to get bored with eating and start craving junk.Good luck . Your really only limited by your imagination.

jamiejamie6661 said:
so wawhats up with the soy milk ?
low fat
high alternate source of protein
stays fresh
tastes great

so pariah you agree on adding the complex carbs - that is what my physio said as well, i am doing it now -

I'm a fan of soy milk too. Great with protein shakes. I never did like regular milk.

cool its quite interesting to hear what people eat

do any off you guy avoid milk because of the recent stuff about it being bad for you ??

also + 1 on the frozen veges. i read somewhere that frozen veges are better unless the fresh veges are super fresh

jamiejamie6661 said:
cool its quite interesting to hear what people eat

do any off you guy avoid milk because of the recent stuff about it being bad for you ??

also + 1 on the frozen veges. i read somewhere that frozen veges are better unless the fresh veges are super fresh

yeah i read about it and a workmate said he switched to soy and told me to give it a go.
i did and i like it so i stick with it.If i ever drink cows milk now it tastes really foul,like its off or something.

..what about soy burgers? My mother was big into the 'Soy' phase and she bought alot of B.O.C burgers (which are soy)

thanks

on your guys recomendations i bought some soy milk to trail for the week.

also i would like to hear more peeps diets

Back