Healthier Breakfast On The Run?

cottonzway

Reaction score
I often don't eat breakfast right. I either skip it or grab something when I leave the house. Most of the time it isn't "good" for me as there aren't health foods at either fast food places or 7-11 types. Does anyone have some advice on what I could eat that would be healthier when eating breakfast on the run? I know the best advice would be to wake up earlier, eat something healthy. I usually don't have time to do that though and don't want to kid myself. So I figured I would ask for some advice. My guess it woud come from the 7-11 types of stores as the fast food breakfasts are all bad for you. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

An apple along with a protein shake is what I've been doing.

In the morning after you take a shower but before you put on your pants and shoes...

...throw two slices of whole weat into the toaster
...with a fork, beat an egg for 5 seconds in a small bowl add a lil salt, then microwave egg for 45 seconds.

While toast is toasting and egg is nuking, put on pants and shoes.

When the eggs are done throw a slice of cheese on top and microwave for another 8 seconds. Put egg&cheese on toasted bread, wrap in a paper towel and eat it in the car.

Don't forget to pour some water in the bowl before you leave it in the sink for wife/girlfriend/mom to wash.

A delicious addition to this recipe is to add a slice of hickory smoked turkey at the same time at which you add the cheese.

Cooz said:
In the morning after you take a shower but before you put on your pants and shoes...

...throw two slices of whole weat into the toaster
...with a fork, beat an egg for 5 seconds in a small bowl add a lil salt, then microwave egg for 45 seconds.

While toast is toasting and egg is nuking, put on pants and shoes.

When the eggs are done throw a slice of cheese on top and microwave for another 8 seconds. Put egg&cheese on toasted bread, wrap in a paper towel and eat it in the car.

Don't forget to pour some water in the bowl before you leave it in the sink for wife/girlfriend/mom to wash.

A delicious addition to this recipe is to add a slice of hickory smoked turkey at the same time at which you add the cheese.

lol. you sound like you got this down. haha. I usually just drink a can of Kern's fruit juice, and grab some kind of fruit.

If I"m trying to be healthy I'll either have a protein shake (vanilla with a cup of strawberry yogurt and possibly a bannana) or oatmeal that i microwave. Strawberry oatmeal takes 3 mins to make, I add a little less water than supposed to, and then add the rest cold when its done to cool it quicker.

Otherwise its a hotpocket. The newer ones with the crazy shitty tasting crust aren't that horrible for you.

If you are on the go... Mcdonalds Fruit parfait usually hits the spot and is pretty healthy

I usually just eat a Yoplait Light Fat Free yogurt on my way and Im good to go when Im in a hurry. While breakfast is supposed to be the biggest meal of the day many will say, the yogurt works just fine for me.

Cottonwzway, I'm exactly the same.
First of all I'm not a morning person at all. I literally wake up 30 minutes before work, shower, get dressed, get out the door and drive 12 minutes to work (stopping for breakfast on the way) and still make it on time. My two main breakfasts are a Smokie (big hot dog) and a Pepsi from Circle K, or an Egg McMuffin, hasbrowns, and coffee from McD's. I'm going to freakin' die of stomach cancer if I don't stop this shit day in and day out.
I'm up for any help also....

i pre-mix whey protein with skim milk the night before and grab a banana before i go to school, not sure if that's good but i'm fine with it. 7-11 has apples, bananas, and oranges should get those rather than the fast food places. And about the McDonald's parfait, good idea IMO. It has the fruits, dairy, and oats :).
-Jon

please look at the mcdonalds parfaits nutrition go to www.proteinfactory.com and get the night formula and some flax seed oil drink that right before bed its a good casein protien and with the flax it takes along time to digest so that should tide you over until breakfast i do almost exactly what cooz does i put one whole egg and just the whites of 2 eggs for a total of 3 and i use black forest ham from the deli and slap it between some bread grab that and some protein and haul ass tis whole process takes like 5 minutes and if your to lazy for that just have a banana and an mrp that takes about 1 minute to mix up the mrp......

I take a cup of yogurt or two and eat like half of it...... put the other half back in fridge for morning... When you wake up put some Good granola in the cup... and your on your way. Shake it up and eat it in the car.

15 grams of protein and good as hell.

depending on the granola.

Also eat eggs like everyone else. Or i grab a hand full of almonds.

put 1 serving of oats in a blender w/ milk and whey and blend for like 30 seconds, and grab an apple on the side

I usually grab 2 of those little Morning Star like fake sausage patties or whatever. They take 2 minutes in the microwave. Good for you.

get some nature valley granola bars.

Or just make some quick oatmeal.

Oatmeal and a protein shake or 2 slices of high fiber wheat toast w/ some all nat peanut butter and a protein shake. While oatmael or toast is cooking, I down my vitamins and supps. Good luck bro. This is THE most important meal of the day.

Back