headache

randy watkins

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if any of you guys know why i get such a massive headache after i finish a kickboxing sesson I do drink lots of water threw out but it take up to late the next day to go

hmmm... I smell an MRI.

But seriously, have you just started training? When I first started training boxing and sparring I used to get headaches pretty much after every session, but eventually they stopped.

I expect you are about to have a massive stroke...

Nah only joking!

I doubt it is anything to worry about, unless you are training full-contact every day with no head gear on...? Then I could understand it.

I tend to get them too, but only if I shake my head or move it rapidly after training, but it goes after an hour or so. It's just part of the game mate! I think it has something to do with the brain swelling ever-so slightly due to the heat and moisture loss, but again, thats just something I've heard!

If you're really worried, go and see an Doctor - Sherdog is probably not a massive source of medical information!

do you lie down afterwards? NEVER lie down. your heart is still pumping blood and it pools in your head. just a thought. we'll need some more info to help you

I used to have the same problem after boxing sessions. It will most likely go away, at least for most people.

It goes away after you get your cardio up. That is, only if it is NOT A TUMOR.

I think it is a brain cloud.

randy watkins said:
I wonder if any of you guys know why i get such a massive headache after i finish a kickboxing sesson I do drink lots of water threw out but it take up to late the next day to go

Gettin owned ?

can also be your neck damn I know that headache and it sucks
indeed it can also be your blood pressure

but you can have a headache from almost everything

Go to a doctor. We can all give you things that it might be but they can only tell you what it is.

It could be dehydration, but also your body also sweats out salts and minerals that water alone can't replace. Gatorade works but I find it to sweet if your really thirsty. You can buy this energy drink powder that isn't as sweet as gatorade but does the same thing.

something I noticed grappling in my buddy's hot ass garage is that drinking cold water gives me a very bad headache after I roll for a good while. Something about the coldness of the water. Try seeing if drinking lukewarm water solves your problem.