"He only has a left hand"

Nobody who claims "he only has a left hand" is saying that it's all he throws, it's just the only thing he throws of worth.

These clips show a load of missed shots or glancing blows. The guy still does not have a UFC victory where his winning shot wasn't due to a left-hand. He dropped Nate 3 times in a fight and they were all with his left-hand.

Horrible attempt at trying to make him look as diverse as Anderson Silva.

2 kicks against Brimage - both landed.
6 kicks against Max - 2 blocked.
6 kicks against Diego - 2 blocked.
2 kicks against Dustin - 1 missed.
8 kicks against Siver - 1 missed.
12 kicks against Mendes - 1 missed.
33 kicks against Nate - 2 blocked.
8 kicks against Eddie - 6 missed.

So if your clip is a depiction of all of his kicks in the UFC, he's only thrown 77 in approximately 80 minutes of fighting.

Not that impressive is it lol.
Nobody who claims "he only has a left hand" is saying that it's all he throws, it's just the only thing he throws of worth.

These clips show a load of missed shots or glancing blows. The guy still does not have a UFC victory where his winning shot wasn't due to a left-hand. He dropped Nate 3 times in a fight and they were all with his left-hand.

Horrible attempt at trying to make him look as diverse as Anderson Silva.

2 kicks against Brimage - both landed.
6 kicks against Max - 2 blocked.
6 kicks against Diego - 2 blocked.
2 kicks against Dustin - 1 missed.
8 kicks against Siver - 1 missed.
12 kicks against Mendes - 1 missed.
33 kicks against Nate - 2 blocked.
8 kicks against Eddie - 6 missed.

So if your clip is a depiction of all of his kicks in the UFC, he's only thrown 77 in approximately 80 minutes of fighting.

Not that impressive is it lol.

Ok so lets actually break down your math for a second here. According to your numbers 63/77 strikes land giving him a landing percentage of 81%... Thats hardly bad.

Also if hes thrown 77 kicks in 80 minutes of fighting hes throwing a kick slightly less then once a minute on average... So... I dont know if your numbers are supporting your thesis.

Now if you want to argue that his kicking game is less effective in terms of producing knockouts this is clearly the case. But it does seem to suffice as a means of complimenting his hands and adding to his arsenal.

Conor kicking midgets..
VhXbXQ.gif

Ok so lets actually break down your math for a second here. According to your numbers 63/77 strikes land giving him a landing percentage of 81%... Thats hardly bad.

Also if hes thrown 77 kicks in 80 minutes of fighting hes throwing a kick slightly less then once a minute on average... So... I dont know if your numbers are supporting your thesis.

Now if you want to argue that his kicking game is less effective in terms of producing knockouts this is clearly the case. But it does seem to suffice as a means of complimenting his hands and adding to his arsenal.
He threw 33 in one fight, don't let numbers lie to you.

You subtract 33 from 77 and you get a completely different kick per minute average.

My point is, he is extremely one dimensional and I cannot stand anyone who tries to disprove that notion. One thing we cannot argue, is that the one dimension he is good at seems to be winning him fights.

I think his opponents and his schedule throughout his MMA career has not been all that difficult stylistically. He's been a huge Featherweight with punching power, fighting strikers who are not as good as him - the one time he faced a wrestler in Mendes, he looked terrible. Yes, we all know he won, but anyone who is a fan of the sport knows that Mendes is almost 2 weight divisions smaller in terms of height and reach and had 2 weeks to prepare lol. If Mendes dropped a little mass he'd easily make 135 with that frame - whilst Conor is a normal sized Lightweight.

If you watch closely, those spinning kicks and teep kicks do very very little. These guys are tough fucking fighters, 2-3 small kicks to the body are not proving to be match-altering in any way. Not like you see guys crumpling at the accuracy of his kicks.

Never seen the guy KO or even hurt someone with a right-hand, and his choice of shot with the left seems to be glued to a straight shot, doesn't throw effective uppercuts or hooks very often.

He's the most one dimensional fighter of his level, I think I've ever seen. It's the equivalent to Ryan Hall, who in my opinion isn't a BJJ wizard, but a leg-lock wizard, it's the same for Conor, not a wizard of striking, just a wizard with the left-hand.

Can't people just accept it?

He throws mostly body and leg kicks. They aren't meant to KO you. They disrupt the opponent's flow, create distance, and create openings for his hands. The kicks are hardly not of "worth". He wouldn't have won a lot of his fights without them.
So you think the 2 kicks of Dustin were instrumental in his victory?

The 8 kicks he threw, with only 2 of them landing, against Eddie were key to his victory?

Come on son... they are not worth anything, you subtract them and the opponent is not all that worse off.

The 8 kicks he threw, with only 2 of them landing, against Eddie were key to his victory?

Come on son... they are not worth anything, you subtract them and the opponent is not all that worse off.
Ask Aldo how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop

Look, your point is silly. Conor uses kicks to set up openings for his hands. If 1 kick stops a takedown, makes the opponent hesitant to strike, come forward, or attempt a TD, which then allows me to move forward and KO him, then that kick was instrumental to the win.

The Diaz bros and Ronda rarely throw kicks, so that's one huge aspect I would never have to worry about with them. If i have to worry about spinning kicks and getting my legs chopped up, then it plays an instrumental part on how I'm going to approach my fight. The kicks don't have to land, the opponent just needs to know that they're there.

You're looking at fights as if it were a Mortal Kombat game, and there's a health bar at the top of the screen measuring the power and damage of each strike. Smart fighters, especially great counter punchers like Conor use strategy. You throw kicks, feints, and other strikes to make your opponent be where you want them to be.

Last edited:
He threw 33 in one fight, don't let numbers lie to you.

You subtract 33 from 77 and you get a completely different kick per minute average.

My point is, he is extremely one dimensional and I cannot stand anyone who tries to disprove that notion. One thing we cannot argue, is that the one dimension he is good at seems to be winning him fights.

I think his opponents and his schedule throughout his MMA career has not been all that difficult stylistically. He's been a huge Featherweight with punching power, fighting strikers who are not as good as him - the one time he faced a wrestler in Mendes, he looked terrible. Yes, we all know he won, but anyone who is a fan of the sport knows that Mendes is almost 2 weight divisions smaller in terms of height and reach and had 2 weeks to prepare lol. If Mendes dropped a little mass he'd easily make 135 with that frame - whilst Conor is a normal sized Lightweight.

If you watch closely, those spinning kicks and teep kicks do very very little. These guys are tough fucking fighters, 2-3 small kicks to the body are not proving to be match-altering in any way. Not like you see guys crumpling at the accuracy of his kicks.

Never seen the guy KO or even hurt someone with a right-hand, and his choice of shot with the left seems to be glued to a straight shot, doesn't throw effective uppercuts or hooks very often.

He's the most one dimensional fighter of his level, I think I've ever seen. It's the equivalent to Ryan Hall, who in my opinion isn't a BJJ wizard, but a leg-lock wizard, it's the same for Conor, not a wizard of striking, just a wizard with the left-hand.

Can't people just accept it?

33 of his 80 minutes were against diaz. So even discounting the 2 diaz fights leaves it at 44 kicks in 47 minutes. Hardly a massive shift.

Secondly: If I were to say fighter x has a bad jab because its never directly caused a knockdown or KO it would be a nonsensical statement. Likewise not every kick is meant to do that either, it doesnt make them not useful. That is honestly my biggest issue with your argument, it strikes me as reductive.

Last edited:
The amount of damage in that video is less than a GSP fight.

33 of his 80 minutes were against diaz. So even discounting the 2 diaz fights leaves it at 44 kicks in 47 minutes. Hardly a massive shift.

Secondly: If I were to say fighter x has a bad jab because its never directly caused a knockdown or KO it would be a nonsensical statement. Likewise not every kick is meant to do that either, it doesnt make them not useful. That is honestly my biggest issue with your argument, it strikes me as redactive.
Conor's wrestling and BJJ is weak. His kick game is okay at best, and his variety of punches is very limited.

Is that a well-rounded fighter to you?

Floyd would #murk Conor if he tried to kick him like that, because their grappling is equal.

Conor has more tools, but they arent better LEL

Back